Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H1B and L1 with valid dates on same passport?

Options
  • 09-12-2013 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

Looking for assistance. I recently had an H1B approved and have the visa on the passport with intention to move to US to work for the petitioner. However I have since had another offer with the intention of moving to US on L1.

Would there be any issue with having a H1B and an L1 on my passport at the same time and both within their validity dates?

The H1B would not be valid as I would not be working for the petitioner and would travel on the L1 instead.

Thoughts are welcome.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

I would imagine when you go to the embassy to get the L1 they would cancel the H1B and physically cross it out on the passport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

probably just as easy to call the embassy and ask - people switch between h1b and l1 pretty often

• Registered Users Posts: 6 droicheadatha

My experience has been that they will CWOP the redundant visa on your next visit to an embassy or at your next POE.

Advertisement