Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long between bill issue data and direct debit coming out?

Options
  • 09-12-2013 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

Question in the title, just wondering how many days. I've read 14 and also 21 so not sure.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

robocode wrote: »
    Question in the title, just wondering how many days. I've read 14 and also 21 so not sure.
    Hi robocode

It can be 14 days from when the bill is issued but generally between 10 to 14 days.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

Hi robocode

It can be 14 days from when the bill is issued but generally between 10 to 14 days.

Thanks

Al
    Just checked my bill and it actually states "Payment will be requested by direct debit from your account no earlier than 14 days after the date of the bill." So why do you say 10-14 days?? Why can I never get a consistent response from Eircom about a single bloody thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Another one of eircoms inconsistencies and there are so many. It beggars belief why it can't go out on the same date every month so you can make sure the money will be there.
    Oh and watch out for the bill saying one thing and the request being another. 

Shocking company, I honestly think that for every question I have asked them I have received at least 2 conflicting answers. I have emails and chat transcripts giving completely different information re billing costs, promotion details, billing dates etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I am seriously losing the will to live cos I've experienced the exact same problems and more. Between the loss of internet and phone over weekends, the being billed one amount and another requested then the not knowing exactly when the DD is going to be taken. Oh and the associated charges when it gets requested for an amount not billed, money not there then you get charged by your bank for DD not being met and Eircom then charge for the priviledge as well. 
    Sooner the contract ends the better./ 

• Advertisement

Here here! Once my contract is up it's so long Eircom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Here here! Once my contract is up it's so long Eircom!

Hi robocode,

I'm sorry for the wrong information being given to you. I've had confirmation from the direct debit section and you are correct in stating the payment will be requested by direct debit 14 days after the bill issue date.

Sorry again for the confusion.

Tracey

That's the problem though, Alan tells me one thing then you confirm he was wrong. I have had to deal with this inconsistency every step of the way with Eircom. I'll leave as soon as I can and I make a point of telling friends/family to either avoid you or leave you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

That's the problem though, Alan tells me one thing then you confirm he was wrong. I have had to deal with this inconsistency every step of the way with Eircom. I'll leave as soon as I can and I make a point of telling friends/family to either avoid you or leave you.

I'm sorry to hear that robocode and please accept my apologises for the wrong information being given to you.

I understand this must be frustrating.

Tracey

I don't want to resurrect an old thread but I'm still so frustrated with Eircom processing direct debits. Pretty much every other recurring bill I have is consistent on the day I get it and then how long until it's taken from my account. Looking through my bank statements over the last few months with Eircom though, the bill comes out on the 4th, 11th, 5th, 3rd, 17th, etc.... such a pain in the arse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I don't want to resurrect an old thread but I'm still so frustrated with Eircom processing direct debits. Pretty much every other recurring bill I have is consistent on the day I get it and then how long until it's taken from my account. Looking through my bank statements over the last few months with Eircom though, the bill comes out on the 4th, 11th, 5th, 3rd, 17th, etc.... such a pain in the arse
    Hi robocode

I'm sorry this remains an inconvenience but I will pass your feedback to operations.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement