Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nappies and teething

Options
  • 09-12-2013 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭

Out little lad is teething which has led to horrendous nappies. Coupled with the fact that he always seems to be in his bouncer when dirtying the nappy (so sitting on his bum and the poo has no where to go, sorry TMI!), it means almost every nappy us going up his back, almost under his armpits this morning! My washing machine is on overdrive.

But from experience does anyone know if that's just down to teething nappies or if I should keep experimenting with other brands. Have had two types of pampers, and tesco ones and same thing with all of them. Don't want to keep buying more if it's just going to keep happening as have a stash of each of those left already!

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Have you tried moving up a size? That worked for me.

I figure babies are growing all the time, so when he was a size 3 the Lidl nappies were the best fit, pampers leaked, when he went into size 4, pampers were grand, as were Lidl, but another brand were the leakers. Now he is in size 5, and his solids are more, em, solid, and we have only ever had pee leaks when nappy was on wonky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Thanks....saw your message before I went up to the shops and bought the next size up. He's only 6 months and next size was 4+, not sure if that sounds big for a 6 month old but we'll see! Could start a nappy factory here. Vests have been so bad I've just had to throw some straight in the bin, I even cut one off one day!!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Noooo dont cut them off!

The reason they have the envelope neckline is so you can shimmy them down the babys body. ;) A wise boardsie told me that just over a year ago. My sis didn't know either and her and her husband had been cutting off loads of lovely Next and Gap vests. Some of them were so cute!

And Napisan is your friend. Rinse right away, soak in Napisan and they should come up lovely.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

lol@cutting them off

I have dumped some in the bin though.

We had to shop around the brands with #1 as Pampers constantly leaked,we use Boots size 4 on the 11 month (22lb)old and find them great. I miss huggies.

Oh I dumped a few too. I still cant figure out if their food is white, what turns their poo that colour?? :eek:

• Advertisement

I only just realised that over the weekend that they'd come off down the way rather than over the head. So much easier than trying to avoid it going all over his head!

Bought a load of cheap vests in Tesco yest. Must get napisan for them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Didnt realise that either about btinging the vest down rather tgan up. Mind you at 19 months i only had to cut off 1. Which was probably going to need dumping anyway. Will at least know for next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Neyite wrote: »
    Noooo dont cut them off!

The reason they have the envelope neckline is so you can shimmy them down the babys body. ;) A wise boardsie told me that just over a year ago. My sis didn't know either and her and her husband had been cutting off loads of lovely Next and Gap vests. Some of them were so cute!

And Napisan is your friend. Rinse right away, soak in Napisan and they should come up lovely.

One of our friends had a baby during the summer and he told me one of the most important things I need to get is a pair of scissors to cut off the vests for the "up the back poos!" Lol lol I must tell him to start shimming them down!!!

Millem wrote: »
    One of our friends had a baby during the summer and he told me one of the most important things I need to get is a pair of scissors to cut off the vests for the "up the back poos!" Lol lol I must tell him to start shimming them down!!!

In a few more months when baby starts making a bid for freedom, those scissors are going to be very dangerous indeed. You'd be doing them both a big favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Neyite wrote: »
    Have you tried moving up a size? That worked for me.

I figure babies are growing all the time, so when he was a size 3 the Lidl nappies were the best fit, pampers leaked, when he went into size 4, pampers were grand, as were Lidl, but another brand were the leakers. Now he is in size 5, and his solids are more, em, solid, and we have only ever had pee leaks when nappy was on wonky.

Exactly the same here. Always happens around a grow spurt too and you'll get a week or more of leaks and then they somehow fit into one correctly - like their thighs suddenly fill out. It's the strangest thing.

• Advertisement

I went up a size and haven't had to cut any vests off since :)
    However the type of dirty nappy has improved massively since the teeth arrived so maybe other ones wouldn't have leaked anyway.

Thanks for all the help!

Advertisement