Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kicks

Options
  • 09-12-2013 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Im in the market for a kick, battery regulator now, not the size 13 in the head type ;)

I have the sigelei available and the elvov also so its a matter of deciding between the two (ill eventually own the two) because of the stupid christmas eating into all things vaping :P

Im just curious as to the differences. Im going out on a limb saying the evolv is better and is like 30 euro dearer

Thanks
    Gary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

I've had mixed results with kicks. I had a mk 1 evolve that worked very well but went 'poof' a few weeks ago (nasty burning smell and not working since).
    I then got the Sigelei version but am not 100% convinced it is regulating anything. The vape sure drops off and it does not give any low battery warning.

Just my experience. Were I to buy another I would swallow the extra and get the evolve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Ionised wrote: »
    I've had mixed results with kicks. I had a mk 1 evolve that worked very well but went 'poof' a few weeks ago (nasty burning smell and not working since).
    I then got the Sigelei version but am not 100% convinced it is regulating anything. The vape sure drops off and it does not give any low battery warning.

Just my experience. Were I to buy another I would swallow the extra and get the evolve.

Yeah Like i have been toying with the idea for a while

Like I am vaping unregulated at the moment, I am getting the battery drop off and always am thinking of how much the battery has discharged.

But obviously the gremlins are there, and i dont have one, and the money is burning a hole in my pocket knowing I dont have one :P

I was leaning towards the evlov, mostly because of looking at the DNA mods and seeing how people are raving about the evolv products

What would be the difference between the evolv and the sigelei in something like a kick which theres not really much room for deviation of what the overall product is about?

I think the difference is build quality. You do get what you pay for :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Plus the Kick2 from Evolv can be set higher.

I have a Sigelei Kick if you want one for a fiver? 10w limit is far too low for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

grindle wrote: »
    Plus the Kick2 from Evolv can be set higher.

I have a Sigelei Kick if you want one for a fiver? 10w limit is far too low for me.

Aaahhh I didnt know it had a 10 watt limit, the evlov 2 is 15 watts is it? 10 watts would be way too low for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Is there any point buying a €50 kick when you could spend a bit extra and get an SVD?

ghogie91 wrote: »
    Aaahhh I didnt know it had a 10 watt limit, the evlov 2 is 15 watts is it? 10 watts would be way too low for me

Seems to be 2 versions of the Sigelei based on their website...one goes to 10w and the other to 15w. How you tell the difference I do not know.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

I had an Evolv Kick that was dead on arrival. My Sigelei is working away fine. Who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

I got a sigelei kick clone. It says it goes up to 12watts, it feels like 12watts. I've it turned down to 10, feels like 10 but I have no way of knowing without a scope.
    Only been using it for a few days but so far I'm pretty impressed. It cuts out at 3.2v (I checked the battery with a meter) but you can feel it dropping off at about 3.4v.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

I agree with Chrome there, if mine only goes up to ten watts it feels like more than that, i can pick up a regulated device on 10.2 watts and its a softer hit than the kicked mechanical. I know thats all very vague :p but im tired and lazy.

• Advertisement

I'll have to experiment further with my kick clone. Maybe I just never let the battery get low enough to cut out and I could have been imagining the drop off.

I've been lazy and sticking with the provari lately.

Advertisement