Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solutions for TC7200's pathetic wireless.

Options
  • 09-12-2013 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Just got one of these with a recent "upgrade", thankfully still have the old cisco EPC3925, on a UPC set up. 120megs fibre optics line so should be no problems....

Wireless is absolutely pathetic, neither router has the range to reach my room, (houseshare with mates) and this is a disaster as i dont have a laptop only a desktop and no phone with wi fi capabilities,

It seems my best option is to bridge the old cisco and buy a new router? Problem is the old cisco is limited to the old 60meg connection, can i even buy a new router altogether? I've heard UPC dont allow you to change it?

Can anyone link me to a walkthrough of the bridging and also recommend a good router with a strong wireless for reasonable money, talking maybe 50 quid upper limit here! or any other solutions that might be helpful.

The whole situation is a bit of a joke at this point.

Advertisement