Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can't log into online account.

Options
  • 09-12-2013 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

to whom it may concern,
    I don't get bills by post any more.  I have had to change my email as i forgot the old password to my hot mail. I have phoned some months ago to change it to G mail . but i have never been able to log in to see my account. I have not got a email to my g mail account for my bill recently so phoned today and found out my bill is €100.01 nice round amount . 
    Why would i not get a email bill or a demanding text as my bill now seems to be a month over due. 
    I phoned the office and I dont understand what she was on about , but she made it clear she could not help me , as in her own words "not to be blunt" she cant do any thing to help me log me on or to send out a paper bills again. 
    I think  it be easier to change to a different provider who will send me a bill . 

what do i do now ? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi AmberAmber,

Thanks for your message.
    AmberAmber wrote:
    I have had to change my email as i forgot the old password to my hot mail

Bear in mind that if you have changed your contact email address for online billing, the email address you originally used to register will still act as your username (even if it's now defunct).
    AmberAmber wrote:
    she cant do any thing to help me log me on or to send out a paper bills again.

Though there are many benefits of online billing over paper billing, if you wish to return to the latter, de-registering you from online billing shouldn't present a problem. If you'd like us to have a look at your account, please feel free to send us your account details by private message.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 5 theManager59

I had much the same experience as the previous customer. 

I signed up for ebilling in 2009. I didn't check it for a fair while, during which time I left the company whose email address I used to sign up for the ebilling service. (I'm on DD and I can see the billing amount on my bank statement). 

I thought I remembered the password I used back in 2009, but it seems I don't (the system keeps rejecting it). 

So I needed to change my email address and set up a new password. 

No big deal, you would think. 

Hmmm. 

I tried calling Electric Ireland customer service today but after 10 mins trawling through their IVR phone system - which even beats eircom's for its sheer clunkiness - I gave up trying to talk to a human. Eventually, I rang the istore and a guy gave me a direct line to customer service. 

When I eventually got through, the nice bloke there told me he couldn't change the email / password for me, I'd have to email 'eservice@electricireland.ie'. 

Here's the kicker. When you send your request into this email black hole, you get an automated email telling you they'll get back to you as soon as possible and (slightly worryingly) 'thanking you for your patience'. 

It turns out the expected response time to customer enquiries is FIVE DAYS! (They answer the phone for sales enquiries in 30 secs.). 

It's back to paper billing for me. Or more likely off to Bord Gais or Airtricity. 

Maybe Electric Ireland should try doing a little less 'powering kindness' and a bit more investment in basic customer service infrastructure. 

BTW I posted a message to the Electric Ireland Facebook page telling this story, but it was removed (presumably by the eagle eyed moderator) in milliseconds. 

It's a shame their customer service team aren't as quick to respond as their facebook page moderator!

Grr!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭AmberAmber

hello OP here, you could not belive the phone call i had the other day , just pure smug and bad the way the girl was to me. I have been a very serious accident recently and have many difficulties you would not wish on a dog. But one must try deal the card we are drawn and  struggle. And by god do I Struggle and she was no help to the fact i had not got a bill , no email and no text. I just needed to know how much i owed as i am very upset over my recent lac of finances and medical expenses. 
    so she fobbed me off with out me understanding  , other than she saying "not being blunt but she could not help". 

But once i got on here i can only give 100% support to the crew on here who explained in detail what was the issue about logging on to my account . 
    Straight away i was finally able to see my account on line, my advice "themanager59 " is to private message your personal and account details and they will help you on here. 

AmberAmber wrote: »
    hello OP here, you could not belive the phone call i had the other day , just pure smug and bad the way the girl was to me. I have been a very serious accident recently and have many difficulties you would not wish on a dog. But one must try deal the card we are drawn and  struggle. And by god do I Struggle and she was no help to the fact i had not got a bill , no email and no text. I just needed to know how much i owed as i am very upset over my recent lac of finances and medical expenses. 
    so she fobbed me off with out me understanding  , other than she saying "not being blunt but she could not help". 

But once i got on here i can only give 100% support to the crew on here who explained in detail what was the issue about logging on to my account . 
    Straight away i was finally able to see my account on line, my advice "themanager59 " is to private message your personal and account details and they will help you on here. 
    Thanks for that, AmberAmber. 

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having a rough time recently. 

It seems like EI have a bit of an issue with their customer service delivery to put it mildly. 

I'm new to boards - I actually joined up because I was so annoyed with my whole EI experience today and I wanted to find some forum to tell my story and to warn people of what to expect.

I'll make sure to Private message them - once I figure out how to do it, that is!

Thanks for getting in touch and I hope you have a happy Christmas. 

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭AmberAmber

do you see the reply to my first post , the electric guy David name is in Red , hover the mouse  on him and it should give you an option to send private message 
    we all have to start some where !! 
    you be hooked on here then !! 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi theManager59,

I'm very sorry to read that you are not happy with the customer service you have received. We have received your PM and will certainly look into this for you now. Thank you for giving your assistance, AmberAmber. I'm glad to read you're not having any further problems, do let us know if we can help you with anything in the future.

If you have been previously registered for Online Billing, even with a past account number, the original email address you used to register will always be the username you use to log in. Even if the email address is not in use anymore, you will still use it to log into your account. There is a facility to change your recorded correspondence email address which you receive all your notifications to if your original address is no longer functional. If you forget your password, we can send you an email to reset it.

If you request to deregister from Online Billing completely, then an email must be sent to eservice team, who will process this for you as soon as possible.

If you look on our Facebook wall, there is an option to view "Highlights", "Posts by page", and "Posts by Others". If you chose "Posts by Others" then your comments are visible for all.

A response to your PM will be sent shortly, if you have any questions about the above, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Hi theManager59,

I'm very sorry to read that you are not happy with the customer service you have received. We have received your PM and will certainly look into this for you now. Thank you for giving your assistance, AmberAmber. I'm glad to read you're not having any further problems, do let us know if we can help you with anything in the future.

If you have been previously registered for Online Billing, even with a past account number, the original email address you used to register will always be the username you use to log in. Even if the email address is not in use anymore, you will still use it to log into your account. There is a facility to change your recorded correspondence email address which you receive all your notifications to if your original address is no longer functional. If you forget your password, we can send you an email to reset it.

If you request to deregister from Online Billing completely, then an email must be sent to eservice team, who will process this for you as soon as possible.

If you look on our Facebook wall, there is an option to view "Highlights", "Posts by page", and "Posts by Others". If you chose "Posts by Others" then your comments are visible for all.

A response to your PM will be sent shortly, if you have any questions about the above, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
    Aoife
    Hello Aoife, 

Thanks for getting back to me so promptly. 

Given all the palaver about this over the past twenty four hours, I've decided that the easiest thing for me to do is just to revert to paper billing and I've emailed a request to that effect to eservice@electricireland.ie

For the record, I'm impressed by the speed and efficiency of your response to my posts on Facebook, Twitter and on boards.ie. 

What really got my goat, and what sent me scurrying onto every social medium I use, was not the issue of sorting out access to my online account, but that cursed IVR system you have on the call centre and the refusal of your call centre manager to speak to me, however briefly, to acknowledge the difficulties people face in making contact with your customer service team. 

When people sign up for online billing, I think they expect online response standards - like you, Una and David provided to me in the last twelve hours. Unfortunately, your eservice team offers response standards that I last experienced with the Telecom Eireann of the 1980's and that are completely unacceptable in the jaws of 2014.  

But enough of that. If you get me back on paper billing and if you could email me a statement of account dating back to March 2009 when I first went ebilling, we'll call it quits. 

Thanks and Regards, 

Hi theManager59,

We certainly appreciate your feedback, and this will be noted and passed to the relevant department. I understand your concerns, we can organise for a callback from a supervisor if you wish. Once your details are confirmed via PM and this can be arranged. We will make our best effort to accommodate your preferred time.

If you have sent an email to the eservice team, then they will endeavor to process your request as soon as they can. I can request for your past invoices to be posted out to you for your own records.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Hello Aoife, 

I sent you a PM just there confirming my details. 

All I want at this stage is an email with my statements from March 2009-last billing date. 

If you could organise that for me, that would be great. 

Then, it's back to paper billing for me, thanks. 

I'll be happy to talk to a supervisor. 

My mobile is the best number to get me on. 

Thanks again for your help, 

Eamon 

Hi Eamon,

You're very welcome, I've just replied to your PM.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Advertisement

To be fair to Electric Ireland, I've had a very prompt and thorough response to my post of yesterday regarding the service I received while trying to update my email account. 

They've taken the issue seriously, and, in my eyes at least, they've repaired the damage to the relationship that was caused during yesterday's service 'hiccup'. 

Credit where credit is due. 

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

i just registered and still cannot login to the online section either. Christ on a stick

it never asked for a password when signing up, so why then does it bring you  a page where a pw is to be entered???? then, click forgotten Pw link, get 1 emailed, enter it and still no joy...

:mad:

Hi wreckless,

Thank you for getting in touch. During the Online Billing set up, you must first fill in the registration form on our website, and then to finish the set up, choose a password to be used each time you log in to check your account.

You should have received an email from us shortly after submitting your form. There is a link in this email which you should click on and follow the instructions for confirming your password. This will be the password you enter each time you log in, and if you forget it you can opt for "Forgotten Password" on our website and reset it.

If you have chosen forgotten password and are attempting to access your account, you should key in the password supplied rather than copying and pasting it. Please note that this is case senstitive.

If you would like us to review your account, please PM us with your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address and telephone number. Please also confirm if you are the account number.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement