Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantum 70 wireless question

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Actually I remember now, a while back I had to fit one of those Act bband filter units for a Quantum as the one on the panel was not doing the job properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Where did you put the filter? Was yours connected to an internal outlet or what? As I said mine isn't plugged into any of the sockets in the house. Thanks for replying really appreciate the help :)

Where did you put the filter? Was yours connected to an internal outlet or what? As I said mine isn't plugged into any of the sockets in the house. Thanks for replying really appreciate the help :)

Apologies I am an installer and my customer noticed that their bband had slowed since the alarm was commissioned. We simply fitted the filter within a 16 way tampered junction box which was fitted beneath the panel.
    We had actually ran the phone line to his incoming Eircom socket.

If its any help the bband filter is an Act meters unit. AFAIK they can be bought online ex UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

kub wrote: »
    Apologies I am an installer and my customer noticed that their bband had slowed since the alarm was commissioned. We simply fitted the filter within a 16 way tampered junction box which was fitted beneath the panel.
    We had actually ran the phone line to his incoming Eircom socket.

If its any help the bband filter is an Act meters unit. AFAIK they can be bought online ex UK.

Turns out it was the alarm. Got the lads who installed back out. Jumped from 3.5 to 7.5 the minute he disconnected. Happy days. Thanks for your help :)

Turns out it was the alarm. Got the lads who installed back out. Jumped from 3.5 to 7.5 the minute he disconnected. Happy days. Thanks for your help :)

Excellent we have a result, so that is 2 Quantums I now know of with that same fault.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Interesting.
    I remember something similar with the Astecs back in the day. After a test call the relays wouldn't close 100% and this would cause a poor line or poor broadband. A manual test call often solved that.

Advertisement