Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a €500 One4All Voucher Thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options
  • 09-12-2013 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

With the countdown to Christmas well underway, shopping fever is in full swing! Stores are packed, web servers strained, as we all try to sort out gifts for our loved ones, friends and colleagues. With all this activity comes inevitable stress, so we thought a One4All voucher for €500 would go some way to help with this and provide some added Christmas Cheer! :)

ire-christmas-snowman_zpsd9a3d443.jpg

As well as treats for oneself - be it a meal, beauty treatment or the latest, greatest console game - One4All vouchers are ideal for present-buying as they are redeemable in a huge number of retailers all over the country (see their website for full details).

To be in with a chance to win this great prize, just ask yourself the following question, leaving your answer in the comments section below:

What's My Favourite Thing About Christmas?

The competition closes on the afternoon of Monday 16th December and the winner will be chosen randomly. Full terms and conditions here.

We look forward to your entries, and as always, best of luck! :)

Regards,
    The Electric Ireland Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 KCW

Its got to be catching up with returning mates no longer living in the country over a few pints!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 tradmav

That lazy sleepy feeling you have on the couch after the Christmas dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nelsonic

Hi everyone,

With the countdown to Christmas well underway, shopping fever is in full swing! Stores are packed, web servers strained, as we all try to sort out gifts for our loved ones, friends and colleagues. With all this activity comes inevitable stress, so we thought a One4All voucher for €500 would go some way to help with this and provide some added Christmas Cheer! :)

As well as treats for oneself - be it a meal, beauty treatment or the latest, greatest console game - One4All vouchers are ideal for present-buying as they are redeemable in a huge number of retailers all over the country (see their website for full details).

To be in with a chance to win this great prize, just ask yourself the following question, leaving your answer in the comments section below:

The competition closes on the afternoon of Monday 16th December and the winner will be chosen randomly. Full terms and conditions here.

Regards,
    Being excited to see your entire family again and knowing you'll support each other in every way possible through your first Christmas without grandpa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RAY SMITH

decorating the tree, drinking warm hot chocolate with marshmallows, listening to Christmas music on my ipod, shopping for Christmas presents, finally getting to open the presents Christmas morning, celebrating the birth of Jesus, dressing up for church on Christmas Eve, , we get to ice skate with our kids & visit santa, eating so many kinds of delicious food, and spending precious time with my family.
    I just love the togetherness it brings & the closeness of important people in your life...HAPPY CHRISTMAS :)))

FROM RAY :))) HO HO HO

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭hotshots85

Seeing my son's face with excitement when we put up the christmas tree!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

The family get together on Christmas eve- all the nieces and nephews together excited about santa and the adults having a catch up and a glass of baileys.  Bliss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DMCC10

I like Christmas because you get to meet up with friends you've not seen all year and it's a good time do do some goodwill to the less fortunate

• Registered Users Posts: 32 itoro

spending time with family.

honest answer - presents!

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Hi everyone,

Regards,
    My favourite thing about Christmas, is those feel good moments surrounded by family.
     Weather its seeing my brothers face light up as I hand him his present Xmas morning or fighting over the small deck of cards in the Christmas cracker with my sister after a feast of Turkey. I love it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Red_Dwarf

No ESB Strike and the Union made look like fools :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

My sons face when he realises Santa has visited, The look of awe when he sees the cookie he left for Santa has been eaten and Rudolph ate the carrot. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

My kids happy face as she discards the toy and plays with the empty box

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Opening presents on Christmas morning, I'm 27 now and it's still as exciting as it was when I was a child. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

My absolute favorite thing about Christmas is Turkey, it's the best meat ever it goes a long way on the day and leaves enough leftovers for turkey sandwiches and turkey curry for the week following! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

My favourite thing about Christmas is .... Everything. It's meeting old mates you haven't seen in years, spending time with family, not having to work for two weeks, eating too much, watching your kids get excited about Santa arriving, watching old films you've seen dozens of times before and will watch dozens of times in the future, making resolutions you know you're never going to keep, eating too much again and not regretting it, raising a glass to absent friends and family, christmas songs, christmas jumpers and christmas spirit!! Brilliant time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

family and time off to relax

• Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭28064212

The hot shower after the (slightly hungover) Christmas morning swim in the town lake

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭sausages79

Sausage Stuffing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭coolclogher

My favourite thing about Christmas is Spiced Beef

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Usually it's putting up the tree with my family.

This year it will be walking out of Dublin Airport and seeing my family, going home and seeing the tree up already :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

I love the music and the lights ....both make me feel very young again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 dinkydee

Santa Claus for the kids, my Mum's Christmas dinner for us, mass with all the carols on Christmas Eve with the whole family. Lower bills in January cos we switched to electric Ireland !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Being surrounded by family, the decorations, break from normal life and everyone just seems more cheerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 raybeth

My favorite thing about Christmas is sitting on the floor playing with the toys the kids have gotten from Santa, whether it's brushing my little pony mass of frizzy hair, having my make up applied by my nine year old from the brats makeup case Santa brought or beating my other half hands down at a game of frustration or connect 4 it's the getting intouch with your inner kid and remembering the magic and awe you felt when you were little and creating the same memories for your own children, surrounded by the people you love and who mean the world to you there's no better feeling in the world! 

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭vepyewwo

Meeting up with friends on Christmas Eve!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭magicray

having a few days off work and relaxing with the family :)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭sandra_b

Positive energy all around and smiles :)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭thehairyone

Meeting up with friends on Stephens night!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭billbond4

Just love the smell of the christmas tree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

Spending time with my crazy but lovely family.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement