Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a €500 One4All Voucher Thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

Christmas morning (early!) with the kids opening their presents from Santa. You cannot beat the look on their faces when they get what they wrote to Santa asking for (after all they have been good!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

Spending the day with family and friends as well as the smell of christmas dinner in the oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 aresnglan

Hi everyone,

With the countdown to Christmas well underway, shopping fever is in full swing! Stores are packed, web servers strained, as we all try to sort out gifts for our loved ones, friends and colleagues. With all this activity comes inevitable stress, so we thought a One4All voucher for €500 would go some way to help with this and provide some added Christmas Cheer! :)

ire-christmas-snowman_zpsd9a3d443.jpg

As well as treats for oneself - be it a meal, beauty treatment or the latest, greatest console game - One4All vouchers are ideal for present-buying as they are redeemable in a huge number of retailers all over the country (see their website for full details).

To be in with a chance to win this great prize, just ask yourself the following question, leaving your answer in the comments section below:

What's My Favourite Thing About Christmas?

The competition closes on the afternoon of Monday 16th December and the winner will be chosen randomly. Full terms and conditions here.

We look forward to your entries, and as always, best of luck! :)

Regards,
    The Electric Ireland Team
    My Favourite Thing About Christmas is going to my local hotel in cork on Christmas day and having a great Christmas dinner after a hard years work

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Food, Drink, Christmas Films, Food, Drink..

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

This year im spending my christmas alopne with my cat away from my family (due to health issues i cant travel) and i think the best thing for me this christmas is that i have now time for my self.. relaxing and good food

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Seeing everywhere lit up. Everywhere is so pretty for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 hassy

Everyone gathering , sharing their time with one another

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I love that I spent my whole life hating Christmas because my father was an alcoholic and he ruined it every year but since he has died Christmas just gets better and better for me. No more dread, no more worry, no more sadness. Finally I know what its like for "normal" people!!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭SemperFidelis

No work for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

My niece's face when she talks about Santa!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Seeing my kids going from nervous anticipation as the trek down the stairs to utter joy at their Santa presents

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jimmy456

No work for 2 weeks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭sanna

Hi everyone,

With the countdown to Christmas well underway, shopping fever is in full swing! Stores are packed, web servers strained, as we all try to sort out gifts for our loved ones, friends and colleagues. With all this activity comes inevitable stress, so we thought a One4All voucher for €500 would go some way to help with this and provide some added Christmas Cheer! :)

As well as treats for oneself - be it a meal, beauty treatment or the latest, greatest console game - One4All vouchers are ideal for present-buying as they are redeemable in a huge number of retailers all over the country (see their website for full details).

To be in with a chance to win this great prize, just ask yourself the following question, leaving your answer in the comments section below:

The competition closes on the afternoon of Monday 16th December and the winner will be chosen randomly. Full terms and conditions here.

Regards,

My favourite thing about this Christmas is knowing that its my last as a Miss and that on 25th Dec Im only 6days away from saying Im getting married this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

The spirit of the Irish nation at Christmas time, it's magical :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Hours in the kitchen with my mum making the dinner. Hate Christmas but I adore that precious time

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭taxus_baccata

Even though we put up the same decorations each year and listen to the same songs watch the same movies and eat and he same dinner, each Christmas is different and unique.  Some we catch up with friends and relatives overseas, some we are mourning the loss of a loved one or welcoming new life into the family.

This year my darling boy will be 15 mths cannot imagine life without him and this is the first Christmas that I'm truly excited about in a very long time.  

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Spending money with abandon on those I love, big people, small people, 2 legged, legged. Picking something out and knowing that the person your buying it for will love it. Also buying myself a few sneaky prezzies always brightens up my Christmas. 

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭DK man

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire!!! Not

Christmas Day is the only day we make a big effort to gather and spend time together... 

And

For now it's playing along with the children about Santa and the magic this brings to the home....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

The kids getting up on xmas day and opening their presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭belgowho

Having fun with the family

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

All the guilt free pigging out on good food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

the hot whiskeys, no more exams, family time, the fire and MOST of all Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory on Christmas Day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

My absolute favourite thing about Christmas is family. The making of time to see family. I know everyone goes to lengths to cook great dinners and buy wonderful gifts but its the effort everyone makes to see each other and spend time with each other than means the most to me.
    I know for me, the part I look forward to most this year is hanging out with my sisters, my nieces and nephew and catching up with cousins and aunties and uncles.
    That is the stuff that replenishes the soul that is shattered and ageing and desperately trying to remain upbeat and positive! 

• Registered Users Posts: 27 govenordann

Everything really from putting the star on the tree to receiving preasents on Christmas morning to eating the Christmas dinner to the reruns on TV and let's face it it's the only time of the year  the whole family gets together

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Gorging on a tin of roses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Hi everyone,

Regards,
    Favourite thing about Christmas? Smiles all around. And knowing you're smiling too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

My Favorite thing is family.

Going to my Mam / Dad's house and everyone being there for Christmas dinner, Then it's time for presents. The look on the kids faces as they open their gifts is priceless :D

Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

The kids with there presents and the dinner!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

Sitting on the couch with only the Christmas tree lights and the fire on while the wind howls outside, perfect!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭encryptix

Opening all the presents & having a big christmas dinner

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement