Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a €500 One4All Voucher Thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

Fav things at xmas has to be the food, drink and lots of HO HO HO'ssss....... Merry Christmas Everyone.....

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Deediddums

My favourite thing about Christmas has to be the festive treasure hunt that my two friends organise each year. Friends and family have gotten on board with it and they always raise a good bit of cash for charity while exploring a different area of Dublin. 

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Mofty

Sprouts!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭ruskin

My favourite thing about Christmas is sitting around the dinner table with my family; eating, joking, and reading terrible Christmas cracker jokes, all the while hoping to myself that we'll be as healthy, happy and fortunate to do the very same thing next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Sitting with the family by the fire, wincing with every sip of mulled wine because I made a balls of it yet again, while watching Planes, Trains and Automobiles!
    Police Officer (perplexed look) : "Do you feel that this vehicle is road worthy?"
    Del Griffith (Confidently nodding) : "Yes I do officer, yes I do." *brief pause* "We had a little fire last night, but we caught it in the nick of time"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭milkycoffey

Hot ports near a fire, be it a car fire on the street or an open fire in a cosy pub. Glorious!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Christmas is about:

-Putting up the tree and decorating the house
    -Spending time with my family
    -Meeting old friends living abroad
    -Presents! getting loads and loads of presents!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 catratbat

Being with whole Family and extended Family over the few days. Much craic and now for the last few years, with added bonus nephews and niece!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭AlabamaWorley

All the family coming together, especially seeing my older brothers that have moved far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 clairessa

I like Christmas due to the family time and everyone can relax for one day and just enjoy themselves. 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Favourite thing has to be the lights, So many streets and trees with lights on and I think some of them should be lit up all year round.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Whatsyourface

It's Christmas and i'm feeling giddy,
    going home to the big city.
    Lets go skating on the ice,
    Lets drink wine, mulled with spice.

In the morning wake me fast,
    We'll open presents and have a blast.
    We'll be full of excitement & full of smiles,
    and meet people we have not seen for a while.

Twinkling lights and sparkly gowns,
    We'll get ready to hit the town,
    After dinner we'll let go,
    We'll party hard in the snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭arodabomb

My favourite thing is coming out of midnight mass, going home for some mince pies and wine at home and realising its almost Christmas day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

My favourite thing about Christmas is enjoying many days of gaming on the Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

Standing in the kitchen with my mum (who's 74) every christmas, just us both preparing the turkey and my inappropriate giblet jokes lolz...roll on 6am christmas day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Family getting together!!

Miss Santa though as small kids are what makes Christmas magic I'll have to try and get some grand-kids :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Lolo85

Stuffing my face with creamed potatoes and sausage stuffing and trifle and chocolate after months of dieting to lose a few pounds for the feast! Oh and my son opening all his pressies..

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Getronicle

Sitting around the open fire with nothing to do but catch up and relax 

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rebecca1999

My Christmas preparations start around September when the girls are back in school/college, picking little presents up every week and casually asking them what they would like, then the writing of the cards- stick to the routine,  family first, neighbours' next and finally friends. Hiding the presents is fun, on top of this , underneath that- the hiding places are getting harder each year. Checking the offers in the different shops to get a bargain, Christmas carol service and mince pies means the day is getting closer, Christmas tv guide in the shops, buying shelled nuts and the price war over carrots and parsnips always makes me smile. And finally new pyjamas for all the family on Christmas eve, snuggle up with a tin of Roses and a chocolate orange (my favourite) watch the soaps and aaahhh Christmas is here.. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

The relaxed atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Leaving the house to the freezing cold to go into our relations nice warm house, and sit back with a few beers and food! Contrast from cold to hot is great and sets the tone!

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭carolireland

I have 2 favourite things about Christmas. First I love the Christmas lights everywhere.
    Second I love having Christmas morning breakfast with the kids and grandparents, the whole family together and everyone still excited about what they got for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

I love buying, wrapping and giving presents. I refuse to give gift vouchers or the like, instead will hunt high and low for what I consider the perfect gift. Conversely I never give a sh!te what anyone gets me, to get something at all is present enough in my book (as long as there is at least one book under the tree that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭shhling

My favourite thing about Christmas is spending it with the people I love, even if we do drive each other mad at times, it is fantastic to be together. 

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The stuffed feeling you have after dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

catching up with friends and family you havent seen in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Having a big dollop of custard over a nice warm mince pie whilst watching a movie on Chrimbo day

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ruspaj

Enjoying some well earned rest

• Registered Users Posts: 1 marychall

My favourite thing about Christmas is the build-up to it - putting up the tree, untangling the fairy lights and flicking the switch. Christmas only starts when the lights are on!!

Merry Christmas to all at Electric Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

sleep and food

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement