Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a €500 One4All Voucher Thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭samsausage

spending quality time with family & friends

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

At home with the family on Christmas Eve, nowhere to go, nothing to do, fire lit, candles lit, lights off, ham and cheese toasties for supper from the ham that was cooked that morning, hot whiskies, chats, and the sense of complete relaxation and contentment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Falling asleep warm and content on the couch with my husband in the glow of the Christmas tree lights after a gorgeous dinner cooked by my mam

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

At home with the family on Christmas Eve, nowhere to go, nothing to do, fire lit, candles lit, lights off, ham and cheese toasties for supper from the ham that was cooked that morning, hot whiskies, chats, and the sense of complete relaxation and contentment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pa limerick

My favourite thing about Christmas is just being with all the family watching movies infrount of the cosy fire :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

It has to be being around the ones that mean most to me :) that and the Christmas dinner followed by a few festive drinks to finish the evening :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

I like the way christmas brings people back together again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

I love that everyone from young to old are in great form. Smiles all around, heartwarming to say the least :)

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Legend_DIT

My favourite thing about Christmas used to be all about the presents, now it's spending time with family Christmas dinner and presents!

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭JoeCole26

Great nights out and get to see old friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Cadiel

decorating the Christmas tree!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

spiced beef from superquinn.
    that. is. xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭kevgaa

Spending time with family and the look and excitement on my kids faces as the open their presents from Santa.. :) 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

What's My Favourite Thing About Christmas?

To try & pick one thing, I'd say it'd have to be the magic of it all with my son. From posting the Santa list, to the surprise on his face on Xmas day unwrapping the prezzies...magical stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pajosjunkbox

The glow of the Christmas tree lights at night !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

My favourite thing about Christmas is spending time with family and friends. 

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I love Christmas eve with the fire lit, and then catching up with family on Christmas Day over dinner :)

Has to be the cooking. I love cooking and Christmas gives me a great excuse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Toasty fire, feet up, house full of fine food and drink. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 foreverme99

Waiting to get all the family together, trying to get everyone into the one photograph! 
    And then after all the hustle and bustle and niose and madness, everyone goes back home, clean up the house (again) then sit down at the fire with the other half and the kids, watch a movie and eat sweets and fall asleep :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

I'm just looking forward to heading home. Being in the car and hearing 'Driving Home for Christmas' on the radio on the journey home. Pulling up outside the house and Mam (and the dog) peering through the window when they see the car lights :)
    Few drinks Xmas Eve night with the usual crew and some laughs and watching the Xmas tv stuff.....

Oh, and Christmas morning when the smell of the turkey is in your nostrils when you wake up! I love it!

Hurry up Christmas Eve :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 funtee

My favourite thing about Xmas is the excitement created Xmas shopping, decorations and the day when everyone meets together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

love walking around town in the evenings when it's quiet. Grafton St can look really nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Taking well deserved and hard earned time off work. Meeting up with friends and family, eating lots of food and drinking nice wine. It's a time to be thankful for everything good you have in your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mrbrightside46

Being socially acceptable to be a tad bit intoxicated in the middle of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Uberted

Love sitting down to do nothing but watch films on Christmas Day after the dinner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Doing the last few bits of shopping on Christmas Eve morning, then meeting old friends for a few pints in the afternoon. Then home to mulled wine and cheese and Christmas movies with the family on Christmas Eve night.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Has to be the excitement build up of my 3 kids to the main event at 5/6 am on Christmas morning.
    Its just magical to see their faces when they walk in and find all the presents Santa has left them. To me Christmas is all about the little ones and I am dreading when they are too big to believe in the magic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Has to be the excitement build up of my 3 kids to the main event at 5/6 am on Christmas morning.
    Its just magical to see their faces when they walk in and find all the presents Santa has left them. To me Christmas is all about the little ones and I am dreading when they are too big to believe in the magic

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement