Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a €500 One4All Voucher Thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

the decorated Christmas tree with all the twinkling light and the lovely pine smell,its like another member of the family!!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭promises

Definitely the decorations, lights in every town. You can't help but cheer up at the sight of a lit up colourful tree

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭promises

Definitely the decorations, lights in every town. You can't help but cheer up at the sight of a lit up colourful tree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

My favourite thing about Christmas is the extra cheer and excitement most people seem to have.  Kids awaiting the magic, families seeing rellies, friends taking time out with friends - most people just seems to have that extra spring in their step and smile on their face. Love it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 whoops_jimmy

Getting a few days off work to get home for good home cooking and lots of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

the cosy feeling at home with the lights on all snuggled up, spending time with my family and just the feel good feeling everyone has.

Not to forget the excitement children bring, how absolutely amazed she was to receive a letter from santa last week. I can't wait to make Christmas magical for her.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 47 lilka

just can't wait to see my little girl Christmas morning when she gets her santy pressies having just made it off the naughty list with seconds to spare (again) 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 finnci

Getting to see my little brother's look of pure happiness as me and my other siblings all spend time together again just like when we were kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭cat_xx

Sharing in the excitement of Christmas Eve with my little cousins waiting for santa to visit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

The excitement of Christmas that you felt as a child mirrored in your own young children.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭iDann

What isn't my favourite thing about Christmas :P

My main favourite thing would be getting up on Christmas morning to go down with my brothers and sister and helping them set up there presents from Santa, nothing better than seeing the smiles on there faces when they see what they got! It really takes me back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 oisin89

Has to be having a few pints on Christmas Eve - best

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

Christmas Eve down the local...!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭AMCCORK

The whole happy buzz about everything you do around Christmas doing things cos it's traditional like the tin of roses, the Christmas RTE guide, the after eights after dinner, making Christmas cakes puddings and trifles all because it was one at home and best of all seeing my kids taking on the traditions and getting excited about all the things we always do at Christmas. You can actually see the special emotions in their faces and know that in 30 / 40 years they are still going to be doing these things at Christmas cos Mum always did that with us at Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

time off work...

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cscook

Decorating the tree - all those decorations have memories that go with them, and decorating the tree brings them all back, from early childhood Christmases thru' holiday trips where we bought ornaments and on to all the various people who've given them to me over the years.  

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Gra246

Genuinely,  it's how warm & friendly people are at this time of year. A smile from a stranger can really light up my day. :) Christmas Spirit is definitely my favourite thing about the festive season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kphayes2

my son's 13th birthday on Christmas Eve as we nearly lost him when he was born, and on a lighter note the smell of the whole house at Christmas, I love my Yankee Christmas candles and then I have the smell of Christmas baking!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

My favourite thing about Christmas has to be having the prefect excuse to indulge in, well, everything. It's the one time of year where no-one bats an eyelid when you eat enough food to feed a nation. 

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Psychobabble

I love spending time with friends and family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Tree decorating fuelled by Baileys drinking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Hi everyone,

With the countdown to Christmas well underway, shopping fever is in full swing! Stores are packed, web servers strained, as we all try to sort out gifts for our loved ones, friends and colleagues. With all this activity comes inevitable stress, so we thought a One4All voucher for €500 would go some way to help with this and provide some added Christmas Cheer! :)

ire-christmas-snowman_zpsd9a3d443.jpg

As well as treats for oneself - be it a meal, beauty treatment or the latest, greatest console game - One4All vouchers are ideal for present-buying as they are redeemable in a huge number of retailers all over the country (see their website for full details).

To be in with a chance to win this great prize, just ask yourself the following question, leaving your answer in the comments section below:

What's My Favourite Thing About Christmas?

The competition closes on the afternoon of Monday 16th December and the winner will be chosen randomly. Full terms and conditions here.

We look forward to your entries, and as always, best of luck! :)

Regards,
    The Electric Ireland Team
    Getting to see the whole family together again and catching up with friends from abroad who have made the trip home. Hopefully with a little bit of snow also!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

I love the lazy Christmas Day after you've stuffed yourself full of food and drink.... throw on a movie and pan out!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

My favourite thing is the excitement and buzz on Christmas Eve just can't be replicated any other time of year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Suptwigam

Family and remembering loved ones that we have lost during this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SamKB

My favourite thing about Christmas.  Well I could go down the having family around me, enjoying a fabulous dinner together with my loved ones, the beautiful decorations and lights, the spirit of giving and making people happy route - and all of that is true...... but I'm going to say my favourite thing about Christmas is that is pretty much the only day that having chocolate for breakfast seems 100% acceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ronan2494

Looking forward to seeing my little boys eyes light up christmas morning when he sees his new tractor and trailer , once santa gets his letter of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

When my dad's aunt asks for more trifle. It's a bit off beat but she is in a home for the blind all year and we take her down to the parents for Christmas Eve/Day & Stephen's Day. Every year without fail she asks for more trifle after the dessert - cracks us up every time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Catching up with friends and family and stuffing your face on Christmas day and not feeling any bit guilty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

My favourite thing about Christmas is having all my family get together for dinner on Christmas Eve, a tradition that's been going on for about 30 years now. I also love seeing others opening the presents I've bought them- the presents be a bit less fancy this year but I've a good imagination so I'll make the best of what I can get them!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement