Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a €500 One4All Voucher Thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 krnmcvy

Besides my love for Brussels sprouts, being home for Christmas is probably the best thing as being in college at the other end of the country makes it impossible to get home during the year! :D

Electric Ireland customer also (:

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭weetiepie

Midnight mass on Christmas eve, candles lighting the windows of every home, the roast turkey, glazed ham, stuffing and Brussels spouts on christmas day, the tins of roses, quality street, Irish coffees, USA biscuits, the presents under the tree, willy wonka, its a wonderful life, the wizard of oz, Indiana Jones films, turkey and ham sandwiches, the wren boys on St. Stephens day...

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

Warm fire at home!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

a few days off to sleep with ben hur rumbling softly in the background

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fabjessica

I have a 16 year old son who wants a new phone for Christmas so if i won this my favorite thing about Christmas would be seeing his face on Christmas morning because he is the best son you could ever have, he is so polite and would do anything to help anybody out, i am blessed [font=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]to have such a wonderful son and i am very proud of him xxxx :):) [/font]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Spending quality time with family & friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Having a relaxing glass of wine with herself on Christmas Eve after the kids have gone to bed,  with the lovely smell of turkey coming from the kitchen ....

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

catching up with mates.
    Catching up with family.
    Doing nothing.
    Cold Days hot fires.
    Watching rubbish TV
    Arguing over the purple roses.
    etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 black and white

Catching up with a few friends over a few pints in the local

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

Being woken at 5am by very excited children to be shown what Santa brought!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,245 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Throwing "It's a Wonderful Life" after Christmas dinner, and settling down on the couch with my daughter on my lap and a giant tin of Roses beside us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MissGD

I love how for one day every worry and stress in your life is forgotten about even just for one day and it's all about spending quality time with those you love most :) 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

The food and drink!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ronan13

Seeing my little nieces and nephews getting excited about santa, and the HUGE christmas dinner with all my family.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

It would have to be the face on my son on Christmas morning when he realises that Santa has been. He is beside himself with excitement. He is so well behaved and really appreciative of his gifts, they are well earned in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

My favourite thing about Christmas used to be that it was the one time my family would get together and have a lovely day of it without arguing. Then my dad passed away unexpectedly and the holidays left a sour taste in my mouth. This year, however, my partner will be joining my family in the celebrations - and he'll be getting a little present from his unborn child - can't wait to see his face! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭justin coughlan 1990

Hi everyone,

With the countdown to Christmas well underway, shopping fever is in full swing! Stores are packed, web servers strained, as we all try to sort out gifts for our loved ones, friends and colleagues. With all this activity comes inevitable stress, so we thought a One4All voucher for €500 would go some way to help with this and provide some added Christmas Cheer! :)

ire-christmas-snowman_zpsd9a3d443.jpg

As well as treats for oneself - be it a meal, beauty treatment or the latest, greatest console game - One4All vouchers are ideal for present-buying as they are redeemable in a huge number of retailers all over the country (see their website for full details).

To be in with a chance to win this great prize, just ask yourself the following question, leaving your answer in the comments section below:

What's My Favourite Thing About Christmas?

The competition closes on the afternoon of Monday 16th December and the winner will be chosen randomly. Full terms and conditions here.

We look forward to your entries, and as always, best of luck! :)

Regards,
    The Electric Ireland Team
    Hi everyone,

With the countdown to Christmas well underway, shopping fever is in full swing! Stores are packed, web servers strained, as we all try to sort out gifts for our loved ones, friends and colleagues. With all this activity comes inevitable stress, so we thought a One4All voucher for €500 would go some way to help with this and provide some added Christmas Cheer! :)

ire-christmas-snowman_zpsd9a3d443.jpg

As well as treats for oneself - be it a meal, beauty treatment or the latest, greatest console game - One4All vouchers are ideal for present-buying as they are redeemable in a huge number of retailers all over the country (see their website for full details).

To be in with a chance to win this great prize, just ask yourself the following question, leaving your answer in the comments section below:

What's My Favourite Thing About Christmas?

The competition closes on the afternoon of Monday 16th December and the winner will be chosen randomly. Full terms and conditions here.

We look forward to your entries, and as always, best of luck! :)

Regards,
    The Electric Ireland Team
    Giving gifts !

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

The dinner of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

aromas that fill the house

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭blondiexox

My favourite is having Christmas dinner with all my family and seeing old friends!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Jacob55

Spending time with family and friends!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭SarB89

Just the general build up to Christmas.. Christmas markets in the town, the lights and buzz! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

Eating copious amounts of turkey and stuffing, then sitting around the fire watching the telly with the family :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sinead25

I think its the guiltless gluttony!! And getting to do all that eating with friends from down under that you havent see since last xmas xx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

spending time with family. simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

My small great niece (or grand niece, never quite sure which is right) will be in Ireland this year. She's the youngest in the family. She gets very excited about the day, with the crackers and Santa and dinner and everything. She puts a smile on everyone's face. And she insists on watching the Dr Who Christmas special. 

I am so looking forward to Christmas Day just for her. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

The excitement of opening presents on Christmas morning, even in your 20s. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Conar

Getting pressies

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sukie

My favourite thing about Christmas is watching movies on the couch with my boyfriend and a blanket and the Christmas tree lights twinkling in the corner of the room 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mr321

My favorite think about Christmas is the Christmas songs, spending time with family and friends! Even the smell of Christmas :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement