Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a €500 One4All Voucher Thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭mick121

Watching the excitement on the kids faces as they open their presents. Happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭rameire

visiting relative and driving on empty roads to get there.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mary1oc

The things i love about Xmas:
    Watching the kids open their presents,Visting friends and family, The big turkey dinner, relaxing with the kids in the afternoon & not having to get up for work the next day! Lol :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 barca_123

seeing all the family and chilling out!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭lukegriffen

Meeting up with friends and family I haven't seen all year !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Beagslife

Being back in the country to see family and friends. A pint of the black stuff by a blazing fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭guitarwrist

My favourite thing about christmas is getting the box of chocolate kimberley and having them with an irish whiskey! Ah, lifes simple pleasures :)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭sfmonet

My favourite thing about Christmas is the traditions that my mom gave us when we were kids. Every Christmas time we would go to the local garden centre and get a tree. When we brought it home, my Dad would bring down all of the ornaments and other decorations. My mom would start off by putting on Barbara Streisand's Christmas Album on the record player (ancient times I know) and we would start putting up the tree. I always used to think my mom had lost it when she would dance around the house when Jingle Bells would come on and play really fast. She would chase us around the house and it was the best.

Now that I have my own child, I don't have Barbara Streisand playing, but I sing
    "Christmas  comes but once year, now its here, now its here, fa la la la la". My daughter thinks I a complete dork now that she's a teenager but still joins in when we are putting up the tree and I know that she will probably have her own spin on it when she grows up.

Those are nicest things that come out of Christmas...something that keeps going forever in different forms but still has the spirit of happiness and expectations :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Juicyfruit

My favourite thing about Christmas is getting together with Family and Friends for dinner and drinks, exchanging gifts and just the overall feeling that Christmas brings. There's just no other time like it in the year. I Love Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭robbicosta

Mr321 wrote: »
    My favorite think about Christmas is the Christmas songs, spending time with family and friends! Even the smell of Christmas :)
    After spending almost 5 years in Australia and now moving back to Ireland, it has to be family time. Priceless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

My favourite thing about Christmas is catching up with friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

My terminally ill Dad making it through another Christmas. Go Legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭bnear

Lie-ins, opening presents, catching up with people, mince pies, Christmas pud, that stuffed feeling when you finally stop eating Christmas dinner and the lovely turkey sandwich at midnight with a cuppa......food glorious food !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

My favourate thing about Christmas is the smile i see on my daughters face which lights up when she see's what Santa brought her, 

its the most magical feeling as a parent. 

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

My favorite thing about Christmas is sitting down for Christmas dinner with family.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

My favourite thing about christmas.  Has to be the look on my sons face xmas morning when he believes santa has come down the chimney, left all the presents eaten the biscuits and drank his milk and Rudolf has eaten the carrot.  That he really believes that he heard the sleigh land on the roof and rudolfs bell tinkle.  Xmas tree lights are on.  Xmas music is on and its his happiness for those precious moments that make life worthwhile.

I wish I still believed...

Merry Christmas everyone.  Hope you all have a happy and peacful one with your loved ones.  xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭HelpImAlive

The christmas dinner.... and drinks... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Seeing the family all in the one place for the first time in ages :)

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭pug_

Family.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭kristian12

With my brothers and sisters living in another country it has to be knowing its the 1 time of the year when we will all find time to speak to each other on the same day.

Closely followed by all the Christmas jumpers i see people wearing but am never brave enough to do so myself ;-) 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 kiwisinead

Being able to drink hot chocolate and watch The Polar Express curled up on the couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭philog

Hi everyone,

With the countdown to Christmas well underway, shopping fever is in full swing! Stores are packed, web servers strained, as we all try to sort out gifts for our loved ones, friends and colleagues. With all this activity comes inevitable stress, so we thought a One4All voucher for €500 would go some way to help with this and provide some added Christmas Cheer! :)

ire-christmas-snowman_zpsd9a3d443.jpg

As well as treats for oneself - be it a meal, beauty treatment or the latest, greatest console game - One4All vouchers are ideal for present-buying as they are redeemable in a huge number of retailers all over the country (see their website for full details).

To be in with a chance to win this great prize, just ask yourself the following question, leaving your answer in the comments section below:

What's My Favourite Thing About Christmas?

The competition closes on the afternoon of Monday 16th December and the winner will be chosen randomly. Full terms and conditions here.

We look forward to your entries, and as always, best of luck! :)

Regards,
    The Electric Ireland Team
    getting to spend some more time with my kids on the holidays as i only get them every second day as im split up from my wife so on the holidays i get them all day long 

• Registered Users Posts: 4 KiriFisher8

The atmosphere! It's lovely to see everyone happy and acting like children this time of year, it picks everyone up despite how hard times are at the moment. Snow, a break from college and the food aren't bad either! Especially eating sweets for breakfast on Christmas morning! 

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aoifemulr

It has to be all the traditions! Family and neighbours for christmas breakfast! Everyone up to my grannies house for tea christmas night! Family for dinner stephens evening! The family card games! Cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 NiamhOFla

The best thing about Christmas is eating until it's uncomfortable and still thinking about the turkey sandwich you have planned for later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cmortu

The good feeling, the family getting together and the children's faces on Christmas morning. Merry Christmas 🎄ðŸŽðŸŽ…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

The nice warm electric fire and some biscuits :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 itsoktobehappy

It has got to be the sudden surge of colour and light all around the small towns and villages in Ireland! People decorating their houses, inside and out with coloured and white lights! Every time I drive by a lit up house at this time of year, I get all excited and I feel like a kid again!

Merry Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jojobeans

The best thing about christmas is seeing my daughters face when she opens her presents even though money is tight I would spend my last euro to make her happy, so although christmas is about the things you cant buy its the best feeling ever to give your loved ones the gifts they really want. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Uberbeamerman

The mulled wine and mince pies on the beach after the stephens' day swim

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement