Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a €500 One4All Voucher Thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭phoebe!

I love the first time the christmas tree lights light up the room, meeting up with friends and family and eating tons of yummy food!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

The card game after dinner that everyone takes part in. The one time every year that everyone is together.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 cassiedog

Hi everyone,

With the countdown to Christmas well underway, shopping fever is in full swing! Stores are packed, web servers strained, as we all try to sort out gifts for our loved ones, friends and colleagues. With all this activity comes inevitable stress, so we thought a One4All voucher for €500 would go some way to help with this and provide some added Christmas Cheer! :)

ire-christmas-snowman_zpsd9a3d443.jpg

As well as treats for oneself - be it a meal, beauty treatment or the latest, greatest console game - One4All vouchers are ideal for present-buying as they are redeemable in a huge number of retailers all over the country (see their website for full details).

To be in with a chance to win this great prize, just ask yourself the following question, leaving your answer in the comments section below:

What's My Favourite Thing About Christmas?

The competition closes on the afternoon of Monday 16th December and the winner will be chosen randomly. Full terms and conditions here.

We look forward to your entries, and as always, best of luck! :)

Regards,
    The Electric Ireland Team
    Waking up to a warm cozy house on Christmas Morning - at 5 a.m.!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Being away from work and my annoying colleagues!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Alan.27

Spending Christmas with family and friends, Seeing the excitement of my son Christmas morning when he comes down the stairs 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 fionaw93

Giving presents:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Hi everyone,

With the countdown to Christmas well underway, shopping fever is in full swing! Stores are packed, web servers strained, as we all try to sort out gifts for our loved ones, friends and colleagues. With all this activity comes inevitable stress, so we thought a One4All voucher for €500 would go some way to help with this and provide some added Christmas Cheer! :)

As well as treats for oneself - be it a meal, beauty treatment or the latest, greatest console game - One4All vouchers are ideal for present-buying as they are redeemable in a huge number of retailers all over the country (see their website for full details).

To be in with a chance to win this great prize, just ask yourself the following question, leaving your answer in the comments section below:

The competition closes on the afternoon of Monday 16th December and the winner will be chosen randomly. Full terms and conditions here.

Regards,
    eating drinking and being merry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Dozing off with a bellyfull of stuffing and Turkey, while watching Indiana Jones and James Bond movies for the millionth time.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

Christmas Eve in Dublin, with absolutely no last minute shopping to be done, having the freedom to enjoy the lights, noises and smells of the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

Brussels sprouts, I love them 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭claudiaaims

It has to be friends and family home and the excitement for children on Christmas Morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

Putting up the decorations and being nicely toasted at 1 in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭AlmostQuick

Friends, family, alcohol!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭Gormal

Where do you start?!?! the glitzy decorations and lights, The presents waiting to be ripped open. The fabulous dinner that is going to last you at least 2 days ;) enjoying family, friends and wine!
    The anticipation of what Santa might bring when he comes, the glow on the kids faces when they get up (albeit too early) in the morning. the whole togetherness, warmth and love that we could do with all year round :D
    But the best thing is when it Snows!! yeah, sledges and snowmen rock!! :PI'm never growing up!! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

xmas tree

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭gok

Having a lazy time sitting by the fire welcoming friends who've made it back and spoiling oneself with some tasty treats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

I love so many things about Christmas - it starts trying to think of small but thoughtful gifts for those around me, I start end October so I can enjoy it and not be under pressure with the Xmas madness.  I live away from home, so the second phase is the wrapping, I'm a total believer in wrapping paper, bows and ribbons - takes time but worth it!

I enjoy the drive home, catching up with my folks, helping out with any last minute jobs required around the house then finally settling down Christmas eve with the veggies peeled, prep done for the following day, all the presents under the tree.  My nephew has bought the childhood excitement of Christmas back to us adults, its a lovely feeling to be talking about Santa, reindeers and early baths and new pyjamas again :)  I believed the thrill of Santa having called last Christmas day myself!

This year is special, its my Nans anniversary who was such an amazing woman.  We'll miss her dearly, she loved having the house full when we would all call - the issue now is who's house to nominate for all the family and relatives to visit and catch up in.  So far lots of talk but no-one has volunteered for the undertaking (no wonder, big crowd!)

My partner and I are just finishing completion on the purchase of our first home, should have the keys but wont be moved in for Christmas as there are a few jobs to do.  Its a fantastic life long present though, this Christmas feels very siginificant for my family!  A voucher would be amaaaazing - it would go an awful long way towards painting, cleaning and lights etc. 

Once my friends, family and relatives are safe, happy and cared for this Christmas, I am happy and very, very grateful. Throw in a turkey, cranberry and stuffing mayo sandwich however, and Im estatic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

The fact that there is no school or work so we have no where to go only to laze around all day eating rubbish and watching telly and of course the Darts on the telly

• Registered Users Posts: 39 brettg

It just has to be the buzz on Christmas morning as my three kids aged 11, 9 and 6 tear through a sea of wrapping paper to find what Santa has brought.
    Hi everyone,

Regards,

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

Xmas Dinner!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ClaudiaP

For me it has to be all the extra time spend with my family, and snow is always a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭remeneerb

My favourite thing is after dinner, getting into my new pjs and slippers with a box of roses and curling up in front of the tv for all the famly movies - bliss!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lee123321

What I love about Christmas is the first snow flakes that fall from the heavens and bring a sense of joy to everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Hi everyone,

Regards,
    For me my favourite thing about Christmas is and always was the company of family in our home. Before I married my mother always had everybody for Christmas dinner. Then she and my in laws came to our house. Both my mother and my wife's father died last year so last Christmas felt very empty but this year we will be joined for Christmas by our beautiful granddaughter who was born last January. So all back on track if a slightly different track. You can keep your Christmas trees, shopping, gifts, and carols if family still gather in the spirit of Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭copper04

The smell of a real Christmas tree wafting through the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

My favourite part of Christmas is the transition from the bustling and manic atmosphere of Dublin City Centre in the run-up to Christmas with crowds everywhere, shopping and a great Christmas cheer, to a sense of calm and tranquillity on Christmas Eve as the crowds disappear and the streets empty, as everyone rushes to get home to their families or go to the pub and enjoy drinks with friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭the-jojo-axiom

My favourite thing about Christmas is collecting holly and making up Christmas arrangements from them...I'm a bit of a traditionalist! 

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mumofthree2013

My favourite thing about Christmas is remembering the excitement and magic felt when i was a child...be it helping to make the Christmas cake the pudding selecting the BEST TREE decorating it....the list goes on and on.
    These are all such happy memories..now my mother has passed away but I keep her little traditions alive as I pass these little tasks on to my children. These hopefully will be the magical things they will pass on to their children in the future.

Funny though..this year my youngest who is nine was helping with the decorating and he would say...oh look i love this snowman..he goes on the bookshelf and this decoration hangs here...so obviously little traditions are being created in my home too.
    Love Christmas and Happy Christmas everyone. <3

• Registered Users Posts: 9 DMD9

Hi everyone,

Regards,
    Sitting around the table, stuffed, knowing that the people around it are the ones who will always be there for you...while the kids bounce around like pinballs on a mad sugar rush lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭diamondgirl

seeing my 89 year old Dad bringing the 9 grandkids to see Santa, he is like the pied piper with the grandkids all behind him. Whats even funnier is the grandkids range in age from 6years old to 23 years old.  Yes is said 23 years old.
    Poor santa nearly has a heart attack when the older ones try sit in his knee for the photos !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement