Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a €500 One4All Voucher Thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Seeing my family and spending a relaxed time with them - with clients being off themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

Having parents and sisters together, in the same country, at the same time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MMGH

My favourite thing about Christmas is being able to switch off from the hustle and bustle of the daily grind and recharge for the coming year.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 edel26

Family......healthy and happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Whoop de hoop

Guilt free gorging on huge amounts of chocolate. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 par418_p

Warm, cozy, hazy weather and the smiling faces on people during the Christmas Time.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Ronanc1

One thing above all I love about Christmas is giving gifts! It's something so simple people do it all the time but what I really love is when you put hours, days or weeks of thought into it and when you hand it over it's the best feeling in the world knowing it's something they'll love, it can be the cheapest bauble or the most expensive diamond it doesn't matter all that matters is that feeling of giving. :)

Happy Christmas guys

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭now online

Christmas is my favourite time of year! 

What makes it special for me is my kids. Experiencing their wonderment sharing their happiness and building new memories every year. I love the feel good factor that goes hand in hand with Christmas.  I love that Christmas brings out the good and kindness in people. I love listening to cheesy Christmas songs on the radio and us singing along without a note in our heads! I adore the anticipation of waiting for Santa. The messy Christmas tree with the shop bought and the more precious homemade decorations. I love that Christmas is all about family, spending time with those you love. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

I just love the vibe, the way everyone wishes you a merry christmas, the music, the family being together, presents.

It's a great time christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ki

Christmas Dinner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smndly

Mince Pies with brandy butter!!

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

The best thing about is Christmas is Christmas Evening, after dinner is done, dishes are washed. The cuppa tea & a turkey sambo during a crap movie, and the chat with the family, reminiscing on about Christmas's gone by and the family gossip!

Christmas Eve pints after mass, and meeting all the lads you went to school who are home from all over the place, and catching up. 

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cloddscan

My favourite thing about Christmas is the smiles! When we open each other's gifts. The smile when I out baby Jesus into the crib. The smile when I meet people I know at mass. The smile when u crack a joke from Xmas crackers, the smile when that special someone sends u a special message and you know they're thinking of u. But most of all seeing my mother smile on a stress-free day

• Registered Users Posts: 21 lorcafan

Hi everyone,

With the countdown to Christmas well underway, shopping fever is in full swing! Stores are packed, web servers strained, as we all try to sort out gifts for our loved ones, friends and colleagues. With all this activity comes inevitable stress, so we thought a One4All voucher for €500 would go some way to help with this and provide some added Christmas Cheer! :)

ire-christmas-snowman_zpsd9a3d443.jpg

As well as treats for oneself - be it a meal, beauty treatment or the latest, greatest console game - One4All vouchers are ideal for present-buying as they are redeemable in a huge number of retailers all over the country (see their website for full details).

To be in with a chance to win this great prize, just ask yourself the following question, leaving your answer in the comments section below:

What's My Favourite Thing About Christmas?

The competition closes on the afternoon of Monday 16th December and the winner will be chosen randomly. Full terms and conditions here.

We look forward to your entries, and as always, best of luck! :)

Regards,
    The Electric Ireland Team
    Seeing the excitement on my granddaughter's face, reminding me of when her dad (my son) was her age. I get to enjoy an encore of pleasure and love.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Christmas Specials on the telly, some movies that are only watched at Christmas and of course the uncontrollable urge to eat almost anything that's put in front of you.. or you find! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Time off work, just relaxing and plenty of time doing nothing if I wish to. Meeting people who travel home from aboard this time of year.  Favorite food to look forward to is stuffing on christmas day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kerry rose

Sounds stupid when admitted but I love Christmas crackers.  This is not, as you might expect, a euphemism for farting after Christmas dinner, although it is equally silly! I love to buy the dear ones as I think I'll get "value for money"!! I realise that essentially, it’s the inside of a roll of toilet paper, covered in fancy paper and twisted at the ends. Inside the cardboard tube is a paper hat, a small toy of some kind (normally something foolish, like a whistle or a plastic comb or in my SNAP yet get a fright when it happens.  OK, all in all,  I now see that they’re a complete waste of time and money, but then, isn’t that what Christmas is all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Christmas dinner, It's A Wonderful Life and leftovers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 leydem

Going for pints on Christmas Eve with relatives from Australia,long night of catching up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 leydem

Going for pints on Christmas Eve with relatives from Australia,long night of catching up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 eithna scannell

late night shopping christmas week when the streets and shop windows  are lit up and decorated for christmas while people move cheerfully  from shop to shop listening  to corols and music that  fiill the air coming from the christmas tree standing high in the square and before going home stopping in a little cafe to have  a mince pie and coffee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 eithna scannell

late night shopping christmas week when the streets and shop windows  are lit up and decorated for christmas while people move cheerfully  from shop to shop listening  to corols and music that  fiill the air coming from the christmas tree standing high in the square and before going home stop in a little cafe to have  a mince pie and coffee 

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

Celebrating with close family and the excitement of a new year ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Mossy

Entering Christmas themed prize draws.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

Getting the perfect present at a bargain price thanks to Bargain Alerts

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

My favourite thing about Christmas has to be just forgetting all of life's problems for one day. Putting all my worries and stresses to the back of my mind and just focusing on the great people I have in my life. After a tough year I cannot wait to spend Christmas day with my beautiful son.

Merry Christmas everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Houset

Hi everyone,

With the countdown to Christmas well underway, shopping fever is in full swing! Stores are packed, web servers strained, as we all try to sort out gifts for our loved ones, friends and colleagues. With all this activity comes inevitable stress, so we thought a One4All voucher for €500 would go some way to help with this and provide some added Christmas Cheer! :)

ire-christmas-snowman_zpsd9a3d443.jpg

As well as treats for oneself - be it a meal, beauty treatment or the latest, greatest console game - One4All vouchers are ideal for present-buying as they are redeemable in a huge number of retailers all over the country (see their website for full details).

To be in with a chance to win this great prize, just ask yourself the following question, leaving your answer in the comments section below:

What's My Favourite Thing About Christmas?

The competition closes on the afternoon of Monday 16th December and the winner will be chosen randomly. Full terms and conditions here.

We look forward to your entries, and as always, best of luck! :)

Regards,
    The Electric Ireland Team
    To not have to get up for college every morning and of course my favorite thing will be meeting my best friends babywho is due to arrive any day now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭samina

My favourite thing about Christmas is the atmosphere in the weeks before. Shops are buzzing, pubs are full of fun, kids are practicing their singing for their school concerts, houses are lit up. Almost everyone is happy and full of anticipation from kids to grandparents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Gest

Forgetting all the stresses of life for the 3 or 4 days around Christmas. Priceless :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

The satisfaction of giving and receiving gifts as a form of appreciation to another person

That's a much nicer way of saying 'I love pressies' :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement