Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VODAFONE is the worst company that I have ever had to deal with

Options
  • 09-12-2013 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I signed up for Vodafone simply broadband on Oct 23rd 2013. After 3 weeks of being fobbed off by their less than friendly customer service reps, the landline was installed.
    I was told that the router would be sent out to me in the post. After a further two weeks of waiting, I rang Vodafone to complain and was told that if "I had my own router I could get broadband today" and that if I wish to cancel my direct debit that they will come after me for the entire 12 month contract. Surely a contract works both ways?
    I am now into my 7th week of waiting (32 business days). Vodafone are the worst company that I have ever dealt with. I cannot stress enough that people should avoid them at all costs.
    Am I within my rights to cancel the direct debit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Do you want this thread transferred to the Talk to Vodafone forum to see if the reps there can help you?

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 20 BMcG75

dudara wrote: »
    Do you want this thread transferred to the Talk to Vodafone forum to see if the reps there can help you?

dudara

No thanks dudara, I have had quite enough of dealing with these Vodafone reps at this stage, I was hoping to get other peoples advice, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Comreg... that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Bepolite wrote: »
    Comreg... that is all.

Typical complaint to comreg(Ive had 3).

did you write vodafone a letter?
    did they come back?
    what did you say then?
    what did they say then?
    .. and then you said?
    aww, well, theres nothing else we can do.

left me more irate then when I started.

Typical complaint to comreg(Ive had 3).

did you write vodafone a letter?
    did they come back?
    what did you say then?
    what did they say then?
    .. and then you said?
    aww, well, theres nothing else we can do.

left me more irate then when I started.

Yes, I got the same crap from comreg, they told me to get a "complaint reference number" from Vodafone. Vodafone have ignored my requests for it 3 times. I told comreg and they cant do anything about it....SOUND!!

• Advertisement

You need to write a letter to Vodafone, clearly titled with "FORMAL COMPLAINT". If Vodafone do not provide a complaint reference number following that communication, then escalate to Comreg.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

At a minimum I would be looking for a credit worth 2 months broadband.

They sent me another email this evening stating that the modem that I have been waiting for and complaining to them about for 7 weeks was never ordered when I signed up for broadband (it was included, it was free!) Now they want another €40 for a modem to be sent out!
    "Which would take 10 days to deliver" I have been told for the past 7 weeks that the modem should be there any day and now they pull this crap!
    I'm so angry I could eat my phone!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Not legal advice or consumer advice but if you're getting no where I'd just break the contract (Eircom or Sky) and then go back down the Comreg line. I'd tell the comreg that you need a reference number off them and who it is you make a complaint to about them. If they say no one ask them who it is that you need to speak to about subjecting them to judicial review.

It'll get you no where but might make you feel better! :P

I'd also tell anyone from Vodaphone you'll be more than happy to explain the situation in court and welcome the day they take you there. I'd explain that you are more than happy to deal with them in court but you won;t engage with debt collection companies.

To be fair to the Comreg they are actively looking into a couple of shenanigans at the moment in relation to charges when people out of contract are migrating to other service providers.

Why anyone goes with Vodaphone is beyond me frankly, they're know for appalling service and aren't they the last fixed line provider to have a usage cap?

Just the rantings and ravings I'd go on personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

OP, be very careful,if you didnt have a phone line in the first place you could end up with Vodafone cancelling your contract only to get a demand letter from eircom for your new line that you didn't pay for(because you were paying Vodafone).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

I can guarantee you that Airtricity would give them a good run for their money.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

same messing about with them last year with a mobile phone, no contract, pay as you go setup so I was able to get out of there rapidly when their so called customer service repeatedly were either un-contactable or they just plain wouldnt rectify the problem, completely unhelpful.

Never ever again, I can not understand why they take the customer service (lack of it) route they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Vodafone - A shower of absolute gowls.

Posters - unless you have advice specific to the topic, then please don't post. General comments only add noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

If Vodafone were supposed to have delivered a modem as part of your contract, and they have not yet done so, can you not invoke the 7 day distance selling regulation which states that you can have a change of mind within 7 days of receiving your goods or service.

as the OP hasn't received a complete order (ie: the router) can he/she not invoke the distance selling regulation?

Advertisement