Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps crashing on Xbox One?

Options
  • 09-12-2013 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭

My Kinect stopped working shortly after setting up my Xbox One, so I'm waiting for a replacement.

In the meantime I notice that Skydrive and Avatar/Gamertag apps crash a lot. Sometime the Settings app too, does this happen to anyone else?

(just trying to rule out the console being faulty as well, had similar bad experiences with my launch day Xbox 360 as well)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭dor83

I haven't had those crash on me but had games send me back to the home screen a good few times, I also noticed that every now and again my pins seem to be deleted and I have to go and add them all again. I'd say they are just issues in general that will be sorted out with an update and wouldn't think it is your console, I'm no expert on it though and if you are worried about it maybe talk to MS support about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Are you closing apps as you finish with them? The XBO holds them in the background running, which eats up resources (I assume), so I've been closing everything with Y then close from the hub, and I've not had a single crash/exit issue

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Thanks for the replies.

I'm not closing the apps when I'm finished with them, but the XO can only run about 3 at a time before it starts to close them to make room for new apps.

It may just be buggy apps, just wanted to double check :)

Advertisement