Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Delivery times from Apple?

• 09-12-2013 4:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi all,

Quick question regarding how long deliveries take from Apple. I ordered a rMBP this morning (without making any modification to the specs) and, when filling in my details, it said it would be dispatched in 3-5 business days. When I completed the order it said the delivery date would be some time between the 19th and 23rd of December. If it is dispatched in 3-5 business days, surely it won't take another week to get to me? I ask because, on December 20th, I am moving out of the place to which it will be delivered.

Anyone have any recent experience with delivery times for a standard rMBP? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I'd say Dec 17th or maybe even before then.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Tarjh wrote: »
    Hi all,

Quick question regarding how long deliveries take from Apple. I ordered a rMBP this morning (without making any modification to the specs) and, when filling in my details, it said it would be dispatched in 3-5 business days. When I completed the order it said the delivery date would be some time between the 19th and 23rd of December. If it is dispatched in 3-5 business days, surely it won't take another week to get to me? I ask because, on December 20th, I am moving out of the place to which it will be delivered.

Anyone have any recent experience with delivery times for a standard rMBP? :)

Even though it's a standard MBP, 3-5 days for dispatch would suggest it has to be manufactured, then shipped, so you may well be looking at those dates. It ships from China in bulk, into Germany or Holland, customs cleared, break bulk then for delivery by courier to the end destination.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I got an email from apple during the week. It stated to order by the 11th to guarantee Xmas delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭Tarjh

I had looked at upgrading the RAM to 16GB but the dispatch time was 2-3 weeks, which definitely suggested it had to be manufactured. I think I will wait until the end of the week to see if it's dispatched. If not, I'll change the delivery address to my parents. Thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭Tarjh

Small update - the status of my order changed to "Preparing for Dispatch" today, with new delivery dates of Dec 17-19. Happy with that!

EDIT - Just been updated to "Dispatched" and got a text saying it will be here by Monday. Currently in Hinckley.

• Advertisement
Advertisement