Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re - Boradband/Entertainment Package help

Options
  • 09-12-2013 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

*Tech Question*

I'm currently running Sky broadband here in Dublin,Ireland but its pretty useless. Its supposedly 'unlimited' but it appears to drop during peak hours (basically after nine o'clock towards the small hours of the morning).

Changing my broadband package is the first thought, but thats a lot of hassle and quite honestly I'm not sure if the competition is any better. They all claim to be 'first in class' but for top dollar and by the law of averages, they can't all be.

At the moment, I'm flirting with the idea of buying an Apple Airport Extreme for 200e, its expensive but its a one time payment. Plus I'm hearing good things about them boosting Sky signals.

I'm also shopping around in order to get the best price/deal, if I do end up having to change provider. It's difficult to know who to go with as all the prices are similar and if I did end up switching to what I want, I'm looking at the UPC deal for 160e, which includes TV (Movies,sports etc),phoneline(unlimited) and most importantly (200mb fibre speed broadband).

Is there anyone out there, that can give me solid advice on Internet providers, range extenders etc.

Advertisement