Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

receiving payment on paypal worry?

• 09-12-2013 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I have paid someone on it before.but want to receive a payment for something im selling so im wondering how it works? As im worried if someone sends me payment and they get my goods that they can cancel their money and keep my goods..basically scamming me.
    Anyone know how this works?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

crxsi09 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I have paid someone on it before.but want to receive a payment for something im selling so im wondering how it works? As im worried if someone sends me payment and they get my goods that they can cancel their money and keep my goods..basically scamming me.
    Anyone know how this works?
    Thanks

I'd like advice on this too if any one can help.

Like crxsi09 I've purchased using Paypal before but either through ebay or direct with an online shop. But not used Paypal for private sales.

I have an item on DoneDeal and last night someone sent me a text asking me to email them as due to work they cannot call or text. The email I received says that they want to by the item but says that they cannot meet up with cash due to their "work", they want it quick as it's a gift for the son. They then ask for my Paypal details and proceed to tell me how to set up a Paypal account if I haven't one already and that Paypal is safe and quick....

They also said they would pay €100 for registered postage!!

Something in the back of my mind is saying it's a bit odd (I could be wrong though). What do you guys think??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

What I do and I think is pretty standard is that you request payment before postage. The reason why sellers can trust to pay before the item is sent is because if they were to start a case on paypal they would more then likely win as paypal nearly always sides with the buyer.
    • You need to get proof of postage and keep the receipt safe every time you send an item.
    • Declare what it is exactly when asked in the post office / courier.
    • Take pictures of the item inside the box before you completely close it up.

I have sold old stuff and things I don't need over adverts, donedeal & ebay for years. I have only ever lost 1 case as a seller thanks to those three steps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

As killanena said proof is the key.

Always send items registered post with a tracking reference. If the item is expensive (i.e. greater than the standard value set by An Post), insure it to the correct value.

Advertisement