Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E liquids with natural flavourings?

Options
  • 09-12-2013 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi all i am relatively new to vaping but could anyone tell me if there are any brands that only use natural flavourings as opposed to artificial and would there be any health difference with both? i am guessing artificial could be harmful but maybe i am being a bit over cautious/misinformed? i am currently vaping Liqua. thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

The El Toro juices and Papillon Organic ranges from houseofliquid.ie are naturally flavoured but whether that's healthier is debatable. Artificial flavourings have less compounds, more of which have been tested (but not all of them) for safety. Natural flavourings... None or almost none would've been tested for inhalation - not many people would been thinking "I want to inhale a peach" in the past.
    Naturally flavoured juices do taste much better, whether you consider the risk negligible enough is a personal call (but compared to cigs the risk is vastly decreased if there is any risk at all).
    I wouldn't be put off using them but some who turn to ecigs turn into risk-averse zealots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

grindle wrote: »
    not many people would been thinking "I want to inhale a peach" in the past.

I wonder things like that all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭robbie02

Thanks grindle for your reply, yeah its funny when i was blackening my lungs with 20 cigs a day i couldnt care less, now that i am vaping i ve become this over cautious freak :). your right, it is probably negiglible, i wont worry too much about it so, i had just heard stories/urban myths of dodgy brands and god knows what was in them. I suppose, stick to the bigger brands is the best bet anyway.

Oh yeah, just stay away from the random-seeming juices.
    Highbrow Vapor's range @ e-smokeireland.eu is another amazing selection of natural juices extracted through some form of non-steeping magic.
    How they manage to naturally extract a cheesecake flavour I can't comprehend, but their juices are tasty as funk. And funk is oh so tasty.

People go bananas for Triphammer's stuff too - another one where I have no idea how you naturally extract the flavour of sweets (which are surely artificial?) - haven't had the pleasure yet, but they're on my very long 'List of juice to try if I win the lottery'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Highbrow vapor use natural flavours too I think. Fairly expensive though compared to liqua: http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/category-s/1827.htm?searching=Y&sort=5&cat=1827&show=10&page=1

I tried their orange flavour but I wasn't gone on it tbh, the taste was nice but a bit weak.

Edit: Beaten to it. I tried triphammers too, quite nice and very like the sweets (wham! and refreshers). He has fruit salad flavour available now which I really want to try.

• Advertisement

EGriff wrote: »
    I tried their orange flavour but I wasn't gone on it tbh, the taste was nice but a bit weak.

Mannnnnnn. Weak? Orange de Sangre is one of the least weak flavours I've ever had.

What is it with vaping? How can people taste so many differences?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Actually yeah, I think the Highbrow are very juicy indeed and taste like real juice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Actually yeah, I think the Highbrow are very juicy indeed and taste like real juice.

They are the worst coil killers ever though,i find them worse the HOL the majority of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Yeah, strawberry lemonade is a complete killer. You'd really need mesh for the highbrow juices I think. Easy enough to burn that off. Never really understood why but mesh never seems to crud the coil as much anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

They are the worst coil killers ever though,i find them worse the HOL the majority of the time.
    It seems that if you use any juice that is "real" that us has organic matter in it from the original plant then the coils will suffer. This could be the direction that atomisers and coils will take over the coming years as consumers look for what we call "real" flavours.

This could be fun :) and we benefit as consumers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Gavb

Smoke Different have some nice organic / natural flavours. Not sure of the brand though.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭robbie02

thanks for all your suggestions folks, one problem though in the esmokeireland.eu site, i was going to order dekang 50 ml for 12 odd quid as i thought its reasonably price, but the drop down menus to pick flavour and strength dont seem to work? are they doing some website maintenence at the moment maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

robbie02 wrote: »
    thanks for all your suggestions folks, one problem though in the esmokeireland.eu site, i was going to order dekang 50 ml for 12 odd quid as i thought its reasonably price, but the drop down menus to pick flavour and strength dont seem to work? are they doing some website maintenence at the moment maybe?
    If the drop down menu doesnt work that usually means they're out of stock. Try The Best Shop, and IRISHVAPE for 10% discount.
    They call dekang 'standard liquid' at TBS. Maybe try a few 10ml samples first incase you dont like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭rui1000

Dks are supposed to be organic. Bargain vapour just got a few interesting concentrates in

Advertisement