Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bookie, don`t want pay out.

• 09-12-2013 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everyone,
    I have a problem, with my local bookie.
    I put 200e on 2/1 bet which won, and bookie, telling me that was fixed match, its investigation, and bla bla bla.
    Its 2 months now.
    He told me that other bookies, not payed out to. I contacted paddypower, and they told me, that game was paid out, long time ago.
    So what i have to do now.
    There is gamblers association, or something like that.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Few Choices but there may be others
    In the order I would try.

(1) If PP has already said they have settled the match, get written proof off them by email or screen print of a conversation with customer services and bring it to your Independent and see what he says.

(2)
    There is also Punters Platform in the Star on a Saturday written by John Martin
    Email jfin82004@gmail.com
    He may not be able to do much though if it's a small shop/chain.
    He will take the details and contact the shop for you and report back in the paper.

(3)
    The "larger" bookies adhere to the decisions of an organisation called IBAS.
    It stands for the Independent Betting Adjudication Service.
    They are an independent 3rd party and make settlement decisions based on the facts presented to them and their members (the bookmaking industry) settle based on what they decide.
    http://www.ibas-uk.com/

If it's a "small" bookie, they may not be a member though.
    If not, you might have a problem.

Best of luck with it.

What match was it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Is this a small 1 man bookie shop or a regional or national chain?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 spikerizz

OKIDOKi, thanks, for the answers, i will try to contact ibas tomor,
    Jonjo, its 1 man bookie shop, never heard of the bookie name, somewhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

What match was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'd think the burden of proof would be on the bookie to supply evidence bookies aren't paying out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 facebook50

rubbish they are taking the piss very rare they dont pay out for that reason they are taking advantage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,937 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

any update/joy yet spike?

Advertisement