Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for testers for Boards.ie Android app

Options
  • 09-12-2013 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi all,

One of the big projects for 2014 will be the release of Boards.ie mobile apps for Android and iPhone.

The dev team have been working away on the first release of the Android app - we are getting close to a release date and would like to start to involve the wider community in testing it and giving us your first impressions.

If you have an Android phone and would like to get involved in testing, we would love to hear from you. Testing will happen in January.

The commitment we are looking for will be a few of hours testing of the app over a few weeks - basically using Boards as you normally would and report back on any issues you encounter. We may need to follow up with you if you encounter any issues that we can't replicate at our end or to get more information on any bugs you encounter.

So if you are interested just reply below and we'll PM you with details closer to the time.

Thanking you all in advance for this
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Yep, interested.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'll give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 39,559 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

I'll do it if ya want me

• Site Banned Posts: 36 Benda

Hi all,

One of the big projects for 2014 will be the release of Boards.ie mobile apps for Android and iPhone.

The dev team have been working away on the first release of the Android app - we are getting close to a release date and would like to start to involve the wider community in testing it and giving us your first impressions.

If you have an Android phone and would like to get involved in testing, we would love to hear from you. Testing will happen in January.

The commitment we are looking for will be a few of hours testing of the app over a few weeks - basically using Boards as you normally would and report back on any issues you encounter. We may need to follow up with you if you encounter any issues that we can't replicate at our end or to get more information on any bugs you encounter.

So if you are interested just reply below and we'll PM you with details closer to the time.

Thanking you all in advance for this

Newish user but will try if needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

I'll throw my name in the hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

I'll volunteer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm willing to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

I'll give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

I'll give it a go

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Boards.ie: Declan

Wow - amazing response so far - thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Throw my name in the hat - having some "small" issues with my phone but if I can get it sorted count me in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Wow - amazing response so far - thanks

Nice to see an android app being something other than an afterthought :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Pick me pick me!

Can test on multiple phones and tablets

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Count me in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,712 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'll give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I'm still on a Galaxy SII, so see how it works on it if you like.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'd love to give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

I'd like to give it a try please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Poc37

I'll do it

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Sign me up please!

• Site Banned Posts: 36 Benda

Is there any pay or vouchers for this?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'll do it.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Been using the unofficial Android app for a while now so very interested in getting in on this. Count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Yes please. Bout time this was happening hate having to have my Internet page loaded on boards.... Good job team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Me too....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

S4. Browse daily.

Will try if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Count me in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Me, please. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement