Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for testers for Boards.ie Android app

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I'll help with testing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

How much do I get for testing?

:/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I'll happily help out with this one. Using a HTC One.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I'll throw my name down too.

• Advertisement

Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭georgieM

Sign me up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

I'm on a tablet rather than a phone, but would like to test this if possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

My note 2 would be happy to oblige.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Yeah, I'd be glad to help out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭princess3901

Id definitely be interested. I currently use an unofficial boards app, which really is not much good.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭princess3901

Id definitely be interested. I currently use an unofficial boards app, which really is not much good.

Definitely interested here!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

Would like to give it a go. I have a note 2.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

Would like to give it a go. I have a note 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Sign me up, chief :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

I am interested in subscribing to your newsletter (and potential app development).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Hi all,

One of the big projects for 2014 will be the release of Boards.ie mobile apps for Android and iPhone.

I'd like to be considered for the development and testing phase of the Android app please, but Declan could I also just ask -

Will there be any chance of a WP8 app in the pipeline or are the stats saying it's not worth the dev time?

I'm using the touch site almost exclusively nowadays on my Nokia N8 and I've asked Santa for a Nokia Lumia 920, so it'd be great to have a dedicated app for Boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I'd be willing to give it a go too.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Sign me up too; I use boards on a regular basis on my mobile.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Boards.ie: Declan

Czarcasm wrote: »
    I'd like to be considered for the development and testing phase of the Android app please, but Declan could I also just ask -

Will there be any chance of a WP8 app in the pipeline or are the stats saying it's not worth the dev time?

I'm using the touch site almost exclusively nowadays on my Nokia N8 and I've asked Santa for a Nokia Lumia 920, so it'd be great to have a dedicated app for Boards.ie

Hi Czarcasm

It's not priority at the moment unfortunately - just based on usage stats we need to focus on IOS and Android. The next priority after the apps is to make some major improvements to the touch site.

I user a Windows RT device at home and really like the interface - I'd love to spend a bit of time to at least get boards notifications working in the social stream panel. It's a matter of resources at the moment, but its on the list, just can't guarantee it will happen any time soon. Sorry.

That said - I am keeping an eye on developments with Microsoft on the Xbox one apps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Boards.ie: Declan

Thanks everyone for signing up for the Android testing. We are blown away by the response.

Testing is due to start in Mid-January. We had honestly thought that it would take a full month to get 100 testers, this response is way beyond expectations.

I will close off this thread now and set up a private forum in the new year where we can coordinate the testing. So no-one has to do anything for the time being! I'll be sending out invites to everyone and will also be looking for some device and software information from you.

So once again - thanks taking the time out to help us on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I'm interested

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement