Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Vhi ?

Options
  • 09-12-2013 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

My mother recently died on the 2/12/13. She renewed her Vhi health insurance for the year covering from 1/12/13 to 30/11/14. She also had a current valid medical card. She was brought in by ambulance and seen in A&E. She was operated on by a consultant who she had seen her previously/operations in the past privately. If I cancel her Vhi policy within the two week cooling period what charges would I incur since she has a medical card. Or am I better of financially doing nothing and leaving Vhi policy cover costs. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

Sorry to hear of your loss :( Its so hard to deal with all these practical issues straight after.

I would phone the hospital and ask them asap. The medical card should cover all that treatment if it was an emergency situation, but honestly I don't know. The hospital should be able to tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭rebelden

Thanks for the quick reply.

Advertisement