Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why was the thread closed?

Options
  • 09-12-2013 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭

I know you cannot question a moderators decision usually but it's fair game here right.

I think this thread was unnecessarily closed. I understand closing a thread if it descends into a hand full of posters arguing over something silly and relatively pointless, or if there may be legal ramifications for Boards.ie as a Ltd. company, or if there is blatant racism being espoused and that type of thing, I get threads of a certain nature being closed/locked.

I think the thread that I've linked to was locked for no real reason other than an 'opinion', an opinion held by a moderator. To me, this stinks of over moderation and takes away from the general free nature and specifically the user generated content produced on this site that makes it excellent.

This isn't a major gripe of mine, to me this is pointing out something that I think would make the site better, and more free.

Feel free to tear my thoughts to shreds. :)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,712 ✭✭✭✭Penn

You can question a mod's actions, just not on thread. Normal procedure in this case would be to PM the mod directly to ask them, as they're the only one who can answer your question, not other people on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

See above

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement