Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

snow drops

• 09-12-2013 8:31pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    When do snow drops come into season?can I buy them now?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,675 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I continue to not have much luck with snowdrops, but the recommended way of growing them is to buy them 'green' - ie after they have finished flowering they are dug up in clumps and sold with the greenery still on them. This is just the opposite to most other kinds of bulbs. You can buy the little dry bulbs now, its actually getting a bit late at this stage, but I suggest you go for the green ones from good garden centres in about February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

I planted about 500 a month ago and if they dont come up I will be in a very bad mood.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm guessing they wouldn't be for sale in flower shops ? How much would you pay for a bunch of them?

Advertisement