Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hosted SFTP server

Options
  • 09-12-2013 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

I need to do some testing on an SFTP client. I have set up FileZilla inside the network but for proper testing I need to check it works against servers outside the network - is there any company that does a hosted SFTP server? (Or recommendations sought for how else to test this)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Any Linux server will offer sftp functionality out of the box

You can rent a Linux virtual private server for less than 5eur per month

Google lowendbox for the best offers

I use weloveservers.net and find them great value

You don't need to know anything about Linux once the VPS is setup you can use FileZilla to access with the login credentials supplied

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

slegs wrote: »
    Any Linux server will offer sftp functionality out of the box

You can rent a Linux virtual private server for less than 5eur per month

Google lowendbox for the best offers

I use weloveservers.net and find them great value

You don't need to know anything about Linux once the VPS is setup you can use FileZilla to access with the login credentials supplied

AWS do micro linux VPS for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭28064212

ChRoMe wrote: »
    AWS do micro linux VPS for free.
    Only for a year. Still a good offer though

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Advertisement