Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hkc 1070 lost keyfob

Options
  • 09-12-2013 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I lost my keyfob for alarm. I have one left. Lost fob in the country so don't think there is any issue of some one using it

Have some alarm experience , I wonder is it handy to enrol a replacement into the system

I have egg code

Any advice appreciated

Ps what price is new fob ,,,,ish
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,702 ✭✭✭✭altor

jackb 2013 wrote: »
    I lost my keyfob for alarm. I have one left. Lost fob in the country so don't think there is any issue of some one using it

Have some alarm experience , I wonder is it handy to enrol a replacement into the system

I have egg code

Any advice appreciated

Ps what price is new fob ,,,,ish

I would always advise if you are bringing the fob out with you to turn on the fobs secure unset. This means you use the code on the fob to disarm the alarm. A lot more secure.

Its is very easy to delete and add once you have the engineer code.
    Enter engineer code followed by user code, service menu will pop up,
    scroll to devices menu, press yes, scroll to RF device, yes, scroll to remove device, scroll to the keyfob, select user and press delete.

To add, go into devices menu, RF device, add device, scroll to keyfob. press yes, it will search for the devices, press the fob button and it will see it quicker. press quit one its seen, then scroll to the use and id to the system by pressing a button on the fob again.

The go into device menu, RF devices, RF fob options to select what you want set up on the fob.

Any of the suppliers on the suppliers list here will give you a price for the keyfob.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

altor wrote: »
    I would always advise if you are bringing the fob out with you to turn on the fobs secure unset. This means you use the code on the fob to disarm the alarm. A lot more secure.

Its is very easy to delete and add once you have the engineer code.
    Enter engineer code followed by user code, service menu will pop up,
    scroll to devices menu, press yes, scroll to RF device, yes, scroll to remove device, scroll to the keyfob, select user and press delete.

To add, go into devices menu, RF device, add device, scroll to keyfob. press yes, it will search for the devices, press the fob button and it will see it quicker. press quit one its seen, then scroll to the use and id to the system by pressing a button on the fob again.

The go into device menu, RF devices, RF fob options to select what you want set up on the fob.

Any of the suppliers on the suppliers list here will give you a price for the keyfob.

Thks altor- there is no way to put the actual code on the fob- on -off / two part sets - panic-
    - when I get new fob I might seek your advice again. I have the manual installer gave me and it shows what way fob set up- part set etc- .
    Will just want to have new fob do what other fob I have does
    Many thanks for your reply

Son put in original query for me - hence different user names!

Thks altor- there is no way to put the actual code on the fob- on -off / two part sets - panic-
    - when I get new fob I might seek your advice again. I have the manual installer gave me and it shows what way fob set up- part set etc- .
    Will just want to have new fob do what other fob I have does
    Many thanks for your reply

Son put in original query for me - hence different user names!

The reason for this is the fob can be set up by an installer as either code unset or one button off. I would always recommend if the fob is being brought out on keys to be set up with the code unset. More secure if the fob is lost.

My above post should help but if you have any problems more than happy to give you more instruction with regard setting this up.

The reason for this is the fob can be set up by an installer as either code unset or one button off. I would always recommend if the fob is being brought out on keys to be set up with the code unset. More secure if the fob is lost.

My above post should help but if you have any problems more than happy to give you more instruction with regard setting this up.

Thks altor I see what you mean - does that mran that you must input code when you use fob to turn alarn on and off at rkp? If so I wonder is there any advantage in having the fob at all!!whats the point - I presume u can part set without code

Thks altor I see what you mean - does that mran that you must input code when you use fob to turn alarn on and off at rkp? If so I wonder is there any advantage in having the fob at all!!whats the point - I presume u can part set without code

If code unset is set up on the fob you press 0 then enter your user code to disarm the system from any alarm set condition or alarm event.

The advantage with the fob is there is a panic built in. Most keep the fob in there bedroom for such activation's. It can also be used to do a full set, or either of your partsets.

• Advertisement

If code unset is set up on the fob you press 0 then enter your user code to disarm the system from any alarm set condition or alarm event.

The advantage with the fob is there is a panic built in. Most keep the fob in there bedroom for such activation's. It can also be used to do a full set, or neither of your partsets.

Oh thats very interrsting ta last question ! I think if I enable that feature that woukd solve the unlikely event if the other fob turned up and code would be rrquired- I wonder rather than move the rkp to the door I use (its at other un used door) can you get a rkp for the 1070 that does not need cabling!

Oh thats very interrsting ta last question ! I think if I enable that feature that woukd solve the unlikely event if the other fob turned up and code would be rrquired- I wonder rather than move the rkp to the door I use (its at other un used door) can you get a rkp for the 1070 that does not need cabling!

Can you add an airtech rkp to hkc 1070?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Can you add an airtech rkp to hkc 1070?

No...

KoolKid wrote: »
    No...

Thks cool kid sent u pm

If you delete the fob then it renders it useless on your system.

Here is a link to the RF HKC Keypad

• Advertisement
Advertisement