Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Image Plugin won't install

Options
  • 09-12-2013 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

I need this program to run software via Chrome but even though I'm told Image Plugin has been installed it still prompts me for it after trying everything & I cannot work the software without this, help please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jayat3

I need this program to run software via Chrome but even though I'm told Image Plugin has been installed it still prompts me for it after trying everything & I cannot work the software without this, help please.

Hi Charlie,
    Can you be a bit much more specific as to the software your trying to run ... I would suggest making sure your Java is up to date http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/chrome.xml let me know how it goes!
    Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭charlieharper

jayat3 wrote: »
    Hi Charlie,
    Can you be a bit much more specific as to the software your trying to run ... I would suggest making sure your Java is up to date http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/chrome.xml let me know how it goes!
    Jay

My Java's up to date, after talking to a friend of mine it seems a new windows update has caused this. Anyone experience this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

My Java's up to date, after talking to a friend of mine it seems a new windows update has caused this. Anyone experience this?
    What are you trying to view? What website? What error are you getting? Need more specifics please.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭charlieharper

advertsfox wrote: »
    What are you trying to view? What website? What error are you getting? Need more specifics please.

It's a from a Software CD I got. I'd attach a screenshot but I kinda forget how to do it& if you can here.

Basically I have a Database CD. This software is installed on my Computer. In order for it to fully work it needs an Image Plugin installed which it was and has been for 8 months. All of a sudden when I go to open the software now it's prompting me to download the Image Plugin. I download it but it still doesn't recognise that it has been downloaded and still prompts me for it when I open the software.

Hope that helps!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

You are still to vague... what is the name of the actual software and the actual plugin. If its chrome its highly unlikely that a windows update affected it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

You could check if the plugin is disabled in Chrome, often they are disabled by default to prevent malicious code running, check by going to Chrome Settings, click the Extensions menu and see if it is ticked as enabled.

Advertisement