Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vernon Court Clontarf

Options
  • 09-12-2013 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi

We are thinking of buying a two bed in the Vernon Court development in Clontarf. Might you know anything about it? Are the apts warm; is the area safe;is the development well maintained;have prices moved at all? We will be moving to the area. We had been looking in the Grand Canal Dock area,but the waterfront is v appealing. Any other suggestions for a 2 bed apt in the area if we decide not to proceed?
    Thank you RentyKehoe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

There are two for sale, both e235k

I went to see one about 3 weeks ago, I stayed about 5min and left because the place was so old and run down it's not even worth e180.

Am am someone looking to buy.

There were loads of old people (cash buyers) looking to buy with their pension pots, and they were saying out loud 'YEAH IM A CASH BUYER AND AM VERY INTERESTED' but there would be at least e20k needed to fix the place up, so I just chuckled and left. The place is still on the market.

An apartment up in Seapark flats went for e150 for a 2br recently just so you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

I have had friend live in Both Vernon Court and Seapark. They are pretty different properties in terms of build quality. Seapark has paper thin walls and is run down and I would say much worse than Vernon Court.

I found Vernon Court much nicer layout and more solidly built. They were warm and quite private having private doorways. Most of the stuff wrong is very cosmetic and it is really only comparing to a brand new property you could really complain.

In saying that Vernon Court has no grounds other than the car park which is grim. Seapark has much nicer surroundings and closer to St Anne's but Vernon court is closer to the sea front and easier to commute using public transport by being close to the Dart and more buses.

There is a reason for the price difference and the asking price but current Seapark property asking is 195k so maybe the one that sold for €150k needed a lot of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    I have had friend live in Both Vernon Court and Seapark. They are pretty different properties in terms of build quality. Seapark has paper thin walls and is run down and I would say much worse than Vernon Court.

I found Vernon Court much nicer layout and more solidly built. They were warm and quite private having private doorways. Most of the stuff wrong is very cosmetic and it is really only comparing to a brand new property you could really complain.

In saying that Vernon Court has no grounds other than the car park which is grim. Seapark has much nicer surroundings and closer to St Anne's but Vernon court is closer to the sea front and easier to commute using public transport by being close to the Dart and more buses.

There is a reason for the price difference and the asking price but current Seapark property asking is 195k so maybe the one that sold for €150k needed a lot of work.

Granted Seapark flats are old, but so are Vernon Court. The particular VC flat does not have own access. I don't think any of them do. They advertise GFCH, but its so old it will need replacing. The EA also mentioned it might need rewiring. The 2nd bedroom is a single room. The bathroom and kitchen needs total renovating. Personally it is not fit for modern living and needs a huge amount of work to render it well overpriced.

Advertisement