Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banff Mountain Film Festival

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Banff is a wonderful location (although a bit expensive - it's cheaper to stay at nearby Canmore) for the outdoor stuff but I think this post is probably in the wrong forum. Better in the arts or travel one?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

dogmatix wrote: »
    Banff is a wonderful location (although a bit expensive - it's cheaper to stay at nearby Canmore) for the outdoor stuff but I think this post is probably in the wrong forum. Better in the arts or travel one?
    Errm, no :D

The Banff film festival only features films with an outdoor sports theme, and tours all over the world, including in the UK and Ireland. I've not been myself but know some who have and they were very enthusiastic. Depends a bit on whether the films being shown fit your own 'outdoors profile' I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭ScottStorm

se conman wrote: »
    http://www.banff-uk.com/LOCATIONS-BOOKING(2194534).htm
    Has anyone ever been to a screening, and if so, what did you think of it, is it worth going?

I have been twice and have watched a few on dvd/download, and they are excellent films, a really enjoyable evening out and once you realise that only got to see a shortened selection of a few of the films in banff then you will want to watch the rest.

Advertisement