Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Clane

Options
  • 09-12-2013 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi there,

We're moving to Clane in January with our toddler & I was hoping for a bit of advice about the area.

Can anyone recommend any toddler classes (singing, gym, swimming - anything to wear him out!) for our 2.5 yr old? I have a car so don't mind a bit of a drive.

Can anyone recommend a nice creche in Clane?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Julianne

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Is Maynooth too far?
    There is Gymboree,Swimming,Mother and Toddler group,musical tots and a really good playground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

If he likes swimming, Waterbabies do classes in Naas. Not cheap, but fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Julianne99

Thanks for the replies - appreciate you taking the time.

Great stuff - I'll check out all of those.

Thanks, Julianne

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭RTighe

Jungle den in the Industrial est opposite woodies in naas is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Hi

A few other suggestions:
    • little joeys in the middle of Naas (over carphone warehouse) is good for the under fives, has nice coffee etc.
    • (some else mentioned this already) Jungle den is good - in my experience the 4/5 year olds tend to get more out of it.
    • K-Leisure in Naas do kids swimming classes, but also pay as you go options - they have family changing rooms etc - but some people do find the water a bit cold.
    • The playground in Clane it nice, but there is also the one in the Monread park in Naas (across from the BIG Tesco - in the middle of some houses)
    • Donadea forest park - is really nice and not too far drive (https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=206844310447544967695.000474437dd30110c6e9f)

Paddy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Julianne99

Thanks very much - that's great.
    Julianne

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ben Noah

http://www.kildare.ie/community/notices/community/clane_toddler_group_invites_ne.asp

Clane Toddler Group Invites New Members

For Parents, Grandparents & Child minders with babies and pre-school children.

Get to know other parents in the community....

...Enjoy seeing your children play with other children of a similar age.

Get out & about with your little ones!!!

..drop in for a cuppa & a chat!

All Welcome!!!

Every Wednesday morning:

10:30am - 12:30pm

Clane Parish Centre, Main Street, Clane, Co. Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Young Parents Group

Hi all Young Parents in Clane. Last Tuesday April 22nd we opened our doors for the first time. We are a support group for young parents. our times are 12.00 tip 1.30 every Tuesday in the Youth Project Building just opposite Aldi, on the Prosperous Road.

We hope to introduce some parenting courses, first aid for young children, baby massage, and many more courses that may be of interest to a young parent.

We also hope to encourage friendships and a support network which will help build self esteem and a confidence in being a parent.

Our age profile is 18 - 25 but we won't ask for birth certs!!!

We would love to see you all and are in the process of setting up a facebook page which we will provide any information of interest to you.

Please help this group succeed and spread the word out to anyone you may feel would be interested.

many thanks

Grainne Wosser
    Clane Youth Project
    087 1236343

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Best of luck, I'll spread the word. The notice board in Supervalu gets a to of attention I've noticed.

Advertisement