Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct debit

Options
  • 09-12-2013 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently paid my bill online, I usually pay at the post office but couldn't at the time, and noticed that a direct debit had been taken by eircom from our bank account on the 4th December even though I paid a bill on the 28th November.

I have cancelled the direct debit and expect not to be debited any more from that account. I'm just wondering why would it sign me up for direct debit when I just wanted to pay by card online? I didn't agree to be signed up to direct debit and I am wondering will the total taken from our bank account count against our next bill?

Regards BLS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi,

I recently paid my bill online, I usually pay at the post office but couldn't at the time, and noticed that a direct debit had been taken by eircom from our bank account on the 4th December even though I paid a bill on the 28th November.

I have cancelled the direct debit and expect not to be debited any more from that account. I'm just wondering why would it sign me up for direct debit when I just wanted to pay by card online? I didn't agree to be signed up to direct debit and I am wondering will the total taken from our bank account count against our next bill?

Regards BLS

Hi BobLeeSwagger,

I'm sorry to hear this and of the inconvenience caused to you.

Would you like to PM me your details and I'll look into this for you?

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Same thing happened to me, paid by card then the payment was taken from my account even though I was assured it wouldn't be taken.
    Seems to be a regular occurance. I'm still waiting for my answers and refund. Good luck! 

Hi,

Regards BLS

I have sent you a PM there confirming details.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭BobLeeSwagger

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me, paid by card then the payment was taken from my account even though I was assured it wouldn't be taken.
    Seems to be a regular occurance. I'm still waiting for my answers and refund. Good luck! 
    Well the direct debit is cancelled and the amount that was debited will come against my next bill. Still don't know why it signed me up for direct debit though??:confused:

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Well the direct debit is cancelled and the amount that was debited will come against my next bill. Still don't know why it signed me up for direct debit though??:confused:

I have sent you a PM there with details.

Tracey

• Advertisement
Advertisement