Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who will cut and split my timber????

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Cut up into final lengths, split and stacked in rows on old pallets with a galvanised sheet put on top kept down with stones or blocks. Do not enclose the sides of the stack and let air get at the bottom.

Or if you want to express your arty side (and we all have one), why not build a set of Holz Hausen stacks. Guaranteed to lift your heart in more ways than one..
    Thanks tom
    Ok I will put it on pallets and cover that stack looks good but it will probably take me till summer to build it that fancy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

jimini0 wrote: »
    Thanks tom
    Ok I will put it on pallets and cover that stack looks good but it will probably take me till summer to build it that fancy

LOL!

I put the Holtz Haus or whatever in there just to tickle yer challenge bone.. :-)

Bottom line is to expose as much surface area as possible to the wind & sun from May to September,while protecting from the rain from above and the damp from below! Do whatever you have to. And it doesn't have to be pretty!!

Although, I'll be disappointed ;-)

The timber you will burn next December won't know whether it was in a beauty contest or not.. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    LOL!

I put the Holtz Haus or whatever in there just to tickle yer challenge bone.. :-)

Bottom line is to expose as much surface area as possible to the wind & sun from May to September,while protecting from the rain from above and the damp from below! Do whatever you have to. And it doesn't have to be pretty!!

Although, I'll be disappointed ;-)

The timber you will burn next December won't know whether it was in a beauty contest or not.. :-)

Well tom I don't want to disappoint you so I will attempt a small holtz haus just for you. I'll try post a picture in a few weeks just for you. It might not be as beautiful as the one in the picture but it will be attempted.

Advertisement