Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you use Dundrum Card outside the shopping centre

Options
  • 09-12-2013 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi

I hope this is in the right section. Are you still able to use the Dundrum voucher card outside the shopping centre. I think they're mastercards and wanted to see if I could use it in Smyths Toy Store or is it restricted to the shopping centre only.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If they are prepaid mastercards then you should be able to use them anywhere mastercards are accepted, you might find some places won't accept them due to a lack of chip and pin though (if the card has no chip/pin, some don't).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Those mastercards bought in Whitewater in Newbridge can only be used in other shopping centres belonging to the same company. There are about ten scattrred around the country afaik and I think dundrum is the same but there are only 2 or 3 centres where their cards can be used.

http://www.multicentre.eu/

Dundrum centre cards are done by

http://www.perfectcard.ie/how_it_works.html

And they are only valid when used within the Dundrum centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 seller567

Thanks for the replies. I think it appears that the cards will actually work in most shops but it's up to the retailer if they want to accept them. I'll give it a try anyway and see what happens.

Liffey Valley, Dundrum and Blanchardstown all use Perfect Card but if they see a different branded card, they probably won't accept it even though it will work.

Thanks again. I'll update here in the next few days to say how I got on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Where can the PerfectCard Prepaid MasterCard® be used?
    Your PerfectCard may be used wherever MasterCard® cards are accepted - that is over 32 million locations worldwide.

Basically you can use it anywhere you like including online.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 seller567

It's been accepted everywhere. I thought with the Dundrum branding on the card, they're might be a problem but I've used it in Blanchardstown and Liffey Valley with no problems.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,058 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Be aware that a number of external retailers are either reluctant (Tesco being one I found) or downright refuse (HRG - Homebase, Argos and HomeStore&More when they owned them being one I encountered) to take them as they've no chip. Tesco ask for photo ID which is a bit odd as there's no name on the card to begin with.

This was with an unbranded PerfectCard issued one - so no case of them refusing because it has a different shopping centre on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

sandin wrote: »
    Where can the PerfectCard Prepaid MasterCard® be used?
    Your PerfectCard may be used wherever MasterCard® cards are accepted - that is over 32 million locations worldwide.

Basically you can use it anywhere you like including online.

hi
    trying to use a dundrum gift card online, but it gets refused as there is no address to go with the name on the card.
    tried "dundrum town centre" for the name and the address but it keeps getting refused.
    has anybody found a way around this?
    i sent perfect card an email to see what they say about this but haven't heard any thing back yet.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Hi these cards are mastercards but the multicentre has decided to lock them to only their sites. Therefore going forwards they will only be able to be used within their shopping centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 rbniner

Hi these cards are mastercards but the multicentre has decided to lock them to only their sites. Therefore going forwards they will only be able to be used within their shopping centres.

Hi,

Do you know if this only applies to multicentre cards? Can those from perfectcard (blanchardstown/dundrum) still be used everywhere mastercard is accepted?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Don't any of the shops in these centre's sell prepaid cards (generic ones)? Perhaps a rule on using a voucer to buy one but it might be a solution.

• Advertisement
Advertisement