Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dewalt vacuum

• 09-12-2013 10:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭

Bought a new one of these the other day. It's a wet/dry vac. Thought it's be perfect for servicing. I'm hoping a bought a dud cause it's the biggest piece of crap I've ever used. Poor suction being the biggest flaw. Has anyone else got this vacuum and if so are ye experiencing the same problem??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

I'm on my second one. Best vacuum I've ever had. My first burnt out the motor but it was worked very hard for a number of years.
    How bad is the suction? They are not overly strong suction but not weak either. For oil boilers, you don't want a strong suction as it can damage the refractory panels in boilers.

The only downside, & not that big of a downside, is the small holding capacity. I've often filled it 3 times on one boiler when they are very bad, so always carry some black sacks.

Are you running it on the battery or mains?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Iv yet to find good battery vacuum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Bought a new one of these the other day. It's a wet/dry vac. Thought it's be perfect for servicing. I'm hoping a bought a dud cause it's the biggest piece of crap I've ever used. Poor suction being the biggest flaw. Has anyone else got this vacuum and if so are ye experiencing the same problem??

should have a look at the one in lidl or aldi there backin this week and only 59 euro!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

shane0007 wrote: »
    I'm on my second one. Best vacuum I've ever had. My first burnt out the motor but it was worked very hard for a number of years.
    How bad is the suction? They are not overly strong suction but not weak either. For oil boilers, you don't want a strong suction as it can damage the refractory panels in boilers.

The only downside, & not that big of a downside, is the small holding capacity. I've often filled it 3 times on one boiler when they are very bad, so always carry some black sacks.

Are you running it on the battery or mains?

On mains. It's also very loud. Is yours?

rightjob! wrote: »
    should have a look at the one in lidl or aldi there backin this week and only 59 euro!

Have that already but use it only for wet vacuuming

• Advertisement

On mains. It's also very loud. Is yours?

Not overly. Is yours new or used?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

I have one a few years but didn't use it much but lately started using it again and the suction just dropped of one day and reminded me how crap they are I think the lidl ones for 50 are good ...I seen some lovely wet vacs in the home depot in the states during the summer very cheap

Not overly. Is yours new or used?

It's new. Very disappointed with it.

It's new. Very disappointed with it.

Perhaps it's a dodgy one. Might be worth taking it back & opening a 2nd one to compare, as I find mine great. I only ever use it on mains also.

Perhaps it's a dodgy one. Might be worth taking it back & opening a 2nd one to compare, as I find mine great. I only ever use it on mains also.

Ye that's why I posted here Shane. In the hope someone else had one and was happy with it !

• Advertisement

A friend of mine who is the same game has one & swears by it too. That's how I ended up buying one. When it packed in, I bought the Lidl one & hated it as it was too strong & I was doing a dirty utility one & all of a sudden it filled their utility with black soot out of the vent :eek:

After that day, I went & bought a new Dewalt & have the old one for spares.

Advertisement