Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options
  • 10-12-2013 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

MOD:
    Dear Everyone.

Ticket swapping, selling, buying or trading are not permitted in the forum and that covers implied sales too.

Anyone trying to shift tickets on the forum will be banned.

Telling us something like "I have 10 tickets and I hope I'll be able to use them all" or similar ruses is implying that you are willing to sell tickets and you will be banned.
    Please don't try getting around the ticket trading section of the forum charter because I'll just ban you.
    I will err on the side of hard-headed in any ambiguous cases and ban you till after the concerts.

MOD NOTE 28 JUNE 2014

I genuinely hate doing this. But if people can't be civil to each other, this thread will be locked at first for 24hours and then longer.

Stop bitching.

There was a decision made. From here on talk about the concert only, not the circus around it's planning permission, if you want to do that, there's a Dublin forum

===========================================

No personal insults please. Keep things friendly. I do not want to have to close this thread again.

Doom

===========

So Garth Brooks has finally confirmed he is going on tour in 2014. Will there be an ireland date and if so which venue would you like to see him play?

Link http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/earshot/garth-brooks-announces-2014-world-664188

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Didn't he play three Croke Parks the last time?

Wouldn't mind seeing him at the 10,000 capacity part of the Phoenix Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i asked a guy at the ticket master desk 3 weeks ago in merchant's quay and he said it was definite for gigs here in ireland. he said it might be the RDS :D seriously would love if he came down to cork for the Marquee. but it might be to small.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,504 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope he does the Inec or Marquee Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Rule Croke out, only allowed 3 gigs per year and 1D have them sewn up

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Way to big for Marquee or inec . It will be outdoor shows if he is around during the summer

• Advertisement

Way to big for Marquee or inec . It will be outdoor shows if he is around during the summer

Is Pairc Ui Chaoimh getting a revamp now to host more artists maybe here so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Some lad on After Hours was saying venues are already booked for next summer. He said this in July. He must have had some inside information.

He also said that tickets would be on sale before Christmas!

Cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Some lad on After Hours was saying venues are already booked for next summer. He said this in July. He must have had some inside information.

Cant wait.

would love if its true and would be so handy to have tickets before xmas. have a feeling that guy was only joking

PTH2009 wrote: »
    would love if its true and would be so handy to have tickets before xmas. have a feeling that guy was only joking

I'd like to believe him. Wishful thinking!

If its true that he's playing next summer, we would have to get the announcement by the end of January. Otherwise I think we may be waiting until 2015 :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Have any of you heard him singing lately? His singing voice is gone unlike his heyday :(

• Advertisement

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Have any of you heard him singing lately? His singing voice is gone unlike his heyday :(

Have you heard the new song released in America? Its brilliant.

http://bigfrog104.com/garth-brooks-releases-first-new-song-in-5-years-the-call-listen/

Heard a radio interview he done today. He wants his tour to be bigger and better than what he's done before.

If they wanna get the christmas market they better announce it asap

Update: He did a radio interview in the states today and he said that they would release more details about the tour in the next 6-8 weeks.

He better come here.

He could easily spread the tour out? and leave Europe till 2015?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Cant wait.

If that's the same comment I'm thinking of, his 'friend' works in Aiken and said they are aiming for something like Springsteen's outdoor mini tour this summer:
    Cork, Limerick, Kilkenny, Belfast, Dublin.

We'll find out after xmas. We would have to, especially if he plays in the summer.

Stadium shows like this never really happen in winter. If he does play here in 2014, it'll be sometime in June-August.

Otherwise it'll be another year.

What are the chances of starting his tour in Ireland/Europe?

He has always said that he wouldnt tour until his youngest finished school which will be June 2014.

I thought he would start his tour in America by late June at the earliest. But if he starts there, we wont see him here next summer.

Its a waiting game now. If we dont hear anything by the end of January, its not going to happen here.

I cant wait. It'll be my first time seeing him live and im going to all the venues he'll be at.

Also, im a massive fan of him, can you tell? But I follow the news from a Garth Brooks forum in the USA. There's an album on the way in Spring. Yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Cant wait to see him live. Missed him in Vegas 2 years in a row by a week each time I was there. Roll on the tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Can't wait for this - he would be far too big of RDS/Marquee. Hopefully he does a stadium tour akin to Bruce's this year. Thomond would be handy for me :)

Is he doing shows like Bruce did last year other venues besides Dublin as in Cork, Limerick and Kilkenny?

• Advertisement

Every time this thread comes up, i get all excited. :o:o

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    Every time this thread comes up, i get all excited. :o:o

Sorry

lol it's ok. i'm just getting to excited about this concert :D

I think an announcement will be made very soon. Maybe next week.

Just got a text of my sister letting me know of a big radio announcement due on Monday. I didn't hear it.

Some teasing giving us names like the boss, garth brooks and someone else. Concert in croke park.

Thats all the info so far.

From reading all these rumours, pieceing it all together and I know we would definately know by the end of january, maybe first week in february at the latest.

I think this is it. We'll know Monday before noon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Looks real this time folks. This is taken from Will Leahy (2fm) facebook page....

"Join us for
    A VERY SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!

Date: Monday 20 Jan at 11.45am
    Venue: Croke Park
    Details: All will be revealed …

This exciting announcement will be made at Croke Park on Monday BY THE ARTIST IN PERSON

This summer, at Croke Park, Aiken Promotions present ???
    For more join us on Monday 20 Jan at 11.45am."

artist in person? :eek::eek::eek::eek: seriously would it be worth it to head to to dublin on monday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    artist in person? :eek::eek::eek::eek: seriously would it be worth it to head to to dublin on monday morning?
    I think they mean by phone. Doubt he'd come to Ireland to plug it.

Shedite27 wrote: »

:(:( darn it. i may have got over excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Shedite27 wrote: »

in person means in person, if it's Brooks then he'll be there, and for over 5million Euro gate receipts per gig at Croker of course he'll be there.

Best chance to meet him cos it's gonna be all nice and happy for promo purposes

• Advertisement

Well MCD flew Bon Jovi over to Ireland for the Slane announcement

From Will Leahy FB
    Right @aikenpromotions our listeners want @NathanCarterMus to support #garthbrooks in Croker. And they are very demanding !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement