Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Toast wrote: »
    The system of dropping off a bunch of tickets was what used to happen before the online ordering system was active. My understanding was in the past Soundcellar didn't have the ability to get hooked up to the computer system when everyone else did. My guess is they probably can now but their unique setup probably means they've chosen not to upgrade.

Yeah I wasn't sure if it was still something they did but someone else said it was. They might only get tickets for certain events (probably of the rock/metal variety).

He said the only Aiken gigs they do is for Vicar Street, but I thought they did Neil Young last year, was that not an Aiken gig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

Reading conflicting opinons about queuing vs online, it's hard to know what to do.

My mobile internet is poor at the best of times. It's ok for boards and email and google. Rubbish for youtube and other bits.

Weather is wild here in the west so here's hoping it calms down before thursday. Last thing I need is my rubbish internet connection dropping due to winds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I think I should stop reading these threads and hope for the best online on thursday morning.

Its like googling stuff when you're sick and you worry more.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭dazza161989

How much are the tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

How much are the tickets?

All tickets are €65.45.

• Advertisement

I emailed aikan promotions to require about a pit section and tickets for such. I got a reply back saying that there is no vip tickets or presales. Didn't answer my question at all, all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Cbeamy

Think at this stage we can do nothing but hope for the best with the online process and the queue. If that all fails we will have to hold out for the irish leg of the tour..

God, I wish something could be done about touts. I was reading past threads and within 20 minutes of some tickets going on sale, tickets were up on ebay going for a fierce price.

B@stards

These tickets will be a touts dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I emailed aikan promotions to require about a pit section and tickets for such. I got a reply back saying that there is no vip tickets or presales. Didn't answer my question at all, all.

Sounds like they just did. A ticket for a pit section or golden circle could be considered a VIP ticket. So they just confirmed to you there's no special tickets for a pit section.

JJ wrote: »
    Sounds like they just did. A ticket for a pit section or golden circle could be considered a VIP ticket. So they just confirmed to you there's no special tickets for a pit section.

Sound. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 bcalchess

If I had the time I'd create a little animation showing what a bad idea buying from the kiosk is.

The only situation where queuing MIGHT give an advantage is if there are physical tickets preprinted from before the pool opens to the general public online but there is no evidence this will be the case and unless a representative or an employee or otherwise of Ticketmaster says so I think you're taking a major risk with regards getting tickets if you queue. Even at places that have done some sort of preallocation in the past you are counting on the pattern to be repeated and there to be no unforeseen situation like a hardware failure at the outlet or an employee being sick or late (just when is flu season anyway?).

I reckon some people will do it anyway.. some might come back and tell us how they had a great time and got their tickets ( I've said before I reckon there will be SOME tickets left for at least an hour) but ultimately it will have been unnecessary at best and cost you tickets at worst.

Ticketmaster will split the allocation so Outlets will have access to a separate pool of tickets. This means your chances are as high if not higher at an outlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Skyebear07

There was some rubbish here yesterday about smaller outlets not selling and two small TM outlets issued notices that they are not selling. When further questioned about what ticketmaster outlets are these, east galway came as a reply.

There is only two ticketmaster outlets in galway and that's on shop street in galway city and the other is out in Ballinasloe.

I rang Stronges, the ticketmaster outlet in Ballinasloe (east Galway) this morning. They are open Thursday and selling for Garth Brooks.

Funny that because we psychically called into Stronges, he stated he would not be selling GB tickets as he has had bad issues with Queues previously, drinking, fighting etc. there is also another TM incorporated within another business in galway, we called to them, they also said the same thing, anytime they sold for big events in the past that people were queuing up outside for overnight they had complaints and Garda presence so they have opted not to sell. If you follow other feeds online I have seen a number of people state that certain places around the country are not selling. I am very close to Stronges in Balinasloe so trust me if I thought I could trust getting tickets there I'd be outside it like a shot as it would save me a whole heap of hassle. My friend has just rang and been told they are not sure if they will be selling thurs. I am only repeating what I have been told.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭B_Rabbit

A lot of the time TM will issue a security guard to manage queues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

bcalchess wrote: »
    Ticketmaster will split the allocation so Outlets will have access to a separate pool of tickets. This means your chances are as high if not higher at an outlet.

At least one person who claims to work for them in another thread has confirmed that the pool is the same. Also many many threads in the past have had people who've queued up for tickets to see them gone before kiosks even open. What are you using for evidence for your assumption? Personally I'd feel anything less than an official word from Ticketmaster on this should be taken as "not worth the risk".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I suppose alot of people will buy the tickets online but is anyone here going to be getting their tickets old school style and be queuing up outside their local ticketmaster agents?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Skyebear07

It's official, queues have started, Garth Brooks-Croke Park 2014 Facebook page have photos up :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Cbeamy

FFsake .. how the hell can we stand a chance if there people queuing already?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Skyebear07 wrote: »
    It's official, queues have started, Garth Brooks-Croke Park 2014 Facebook page have photos up :-(

where? that's absolute lunacy..
    and if the other place is ticketmaster outet, why is it not listed not ticketmasters website?..

Cbeamy wrote: »
    FFsake .. how the hell can we stand a chance if there people queuing already?

By buying online.

Funny that because we psychically called into Stronges, he stated he would not be selling GB tickets as he has had bad issues with Queues previously, drinking, fighting etc. there is also another TM incorporated within another business in galway, we called to them, they also said the same thing, anytime they sold for big events in the past that people were queuing up outside for overnight they had complaints and Garda presence so they have opted not to sell. If you follow other feeds online I have seen a number of people state that certain places around the country are not selling. I am very close to Stronges in Balinasloe so trust me if I thought I could trust getting tickets there I'd be outside it like a shot as it would save me a whole heap of hassle. My friend has just rang and been told they are not sure if they will be selling thurs. I am only repeating what I have been told.

He did a quick uturn this morning.

As if the same type of drunken, fighting scumbags turn up for every ticket sale.

I'll be double checking tomorrow in person too.

Please advise people what ticketmaster outlets are not selling.

• Advertisement

What are you trying to do? Scare the rest of us from queueing?

Outlets being closed.

And now pictures on the facebook page.

There isn't any pictures of anyone queueing.

https://m.facebook.com/GarthBrooksIre?__user=100001588533431&soft=side-area#!/GarthBrooksIre?__user=0

I'm starting to suspect there are a few posts between the two threads which are deliberately trying to scare or misinform people.

Cbeamy wrote: »
    Think at this stage we can do nothing but hope for the best with the online process and the queue. If that all fails we will have to hold out for the irish leg of the tour..

I'll be sitting outside croke park regardless. You can join me outside and we can listen in.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

I seen on the fan page on facebook people are already queuing, didn't say where so not sure if it is true. Also read that Garth has hinted at doing a Belfast gig, hopefully he will.

Anyone know how many tickets are going on sale, will it be 160,000 ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 Bell1990

I seen on the fan page on facebook people are already queuing, didn't say where so not sure if it is true. Also read that Garth has hinted at doing a Belfast gig, hopefully he will.

Anyone know how many tickets are going on sale, will it be 160,000 ?
    It's true people have started to que already not sure where it is but there is a picture on this link
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151953768441849&set=a.455155836848.225587.317090301848&type=1&comment_id=10362262&offset=0&total_comments=260

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

AHHHH come here now. i love garth brooks, but unless the man himself was at the ticket desk selling tickets, i wouldn't be queing up 3 or 4 days before hand.

Croke Park capacity for matches is 82k. The stand behind the stage is unused when a gig is on though there is extra capacity on the pitch. For past gigs typically the number given is about 60k. If it's 2 nights it will be 120k but most seem to think it will be 3 so 180k or about 4.5% of the population of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Croke Park capacity for matches is 82k. The stand behind the stage is unused when a gig is on though there is extra capacity on the pitch. For past gigs typically the number given is about 60k. If it's 2 nights it will be 120k but most seem to think it will be 3 so 180k or about 4.5% of the population of the country.

might have to counter in the rest of the fans around the world. pffft technically we should get first dibs on those tickets :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 Bell1990

What are you trying to do? Scare the rest of us from queueing?

Outlets being closed.

And now pictures on the facebook page.

There isn't any pictures of anyone queueing.

https://m.facebook.com/GarthBrooksIre?__user=100001588533431&soft=side-area#!/GarthBrooksIre?__user=0

Here is a link to prove there is people queuing already. Downtown radio was going to interview them today.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151953768441849&set=a.455155836848.225587.317090301848&type=1&comment_id=10362262&offset=0&total_comments=260]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement