Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Ahhh darn it. Shane on at the weekend :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Doubt it, id imagine itll be a standard set for the 3 nights..could maybe be extra half hour.. but cant see much more..
    Friday people a lirtle shafted i think..

Shafted?! i'd sooner have the atmosphere building and building which is what he's probably trying to achieve the 1st night. I'd rather have an extra 5 minutes of him then any of those 2 supporting acts tho!! not being mean about it just my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

the no support for Friday is likely down to the residents and having less disruption on a Friday evening when traffic around the area will be worse.

doubt there'll be much, if any difference in the length of Garth's sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Shafted?! i'd sooner have the atmosphere building and building which is what he's probably trying to achieve the 1st night. I'd rather have an extra 5 minutes of him then any of those 2 supporting acts tho!! not being mean about it just my opinion

Oh no i agree the support acts are absolutely dire!

Just speaking from springsteen gigs with no support, the wait is awfully long.. particularly if its hot.. atleast he support can give something to keep ye entertained..

Just be nice to us poor security even if filan is awful :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

the no support for Friday is likely down to the residents and having less disruption on a Friday evening when traffic around the area will be worse.

So basically its to avoid people getting their way to croke park and packing into the stadium for 6pm. Instead it'll be a later time for 7.30pm..

• Advertisement

So basically its to avoid people getting their way to croke park and packing into the stadium for 6pm. Instead it'll be a later time for 7.30pm..

Yup..
    Lots sitting might not bother going early now,.thats the logic...not the soundest in the world, but id imagine its how they think

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

The disturbance caused on a Friday would be no different to the disturbance caused on Monday & Tuesday. I don't think you can hold the residents to account for no support on the Friday.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

I'll let you know as ill be there the Friday + Saturday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

It's seeming like the Friday will almost be a "tech run" so they can get everything perfect for the next 4 night's. Not sure if that's good or bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭lemmno

Friday will be the first, the one everyone's waiting for, the one the hardcore fans will be at, the one they queued for days to be at....it better be perfect then! :P

• Advertisement

Its just a countdown at this stage.

5 more weeks. And next week, it'll be 4. And the week after that it'll be 3. Imagine.

I was awake at 5 o clock this morning I was so excited. And I have 5 more weeks left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Its just a countdown at this stage.

5 more weeks. And next week, it'll be 4. And the week after that it'll be 3. Imagine.

I was awake at 5 o clock this morning I was so excited. And I have 5 more weeks left.

Yet you were the only one complaining about the tickets you got. Seems legit

lemmno wrote: »
    Friday will be the first, the one everyone's waiting for, the one the hardcore fans will be at, the one they queued for days to be at....it better be perfect then! :P

There are good gigs, there are great gigs and there are transcendent gigs......... But there's NEVER been a perfect gig.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Yet you were the only one complaining about the tickets you got. Seems legit

Did you come here to attack my post?
    Is it ok with you that I got my perferred tickets afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,560 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Feck man! Is Derek Ryan allowed to poke his head in?

He should do Friday he even has a song about it :p

I get why Nathan Carter as support act but Shane Filan WTF :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Did you come here to attack my post?
    Is it ok with you that I got my perferred tickets afterwards?

Ah I was only messing with ya. Tis easy wind you up in this thread :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    He should do Friday he even has a song about it :p

I get why Nathan Carter as support act but Shane Filan WTF :confused:

Yeah it doesn't make sense.
    Il stay in the pub till he's finished

Question, has anyone here actually listened to shane filans solo stuff? I haven't but maybe he's heading in a more countryish direction?

Either way, I hope he sings my favorite westlife song, it's a beautiful ballad and I think they might have wrote it as well.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Question, has anyone here actually listened to shane filans solo stuff? I haven't but maybe he's heading in a more countryish direction?

Either way, I hope he sings my favorite westlife song, it's a beautiful ballad and I think they might have wrote it as well.

Get out of here with that.

There's only one 'The Dance' and there's only one man who can sing it. And we all know who.

There's only one 'The Dance' and there's only one man who can sing it. And we all know who.

We'll agree to disagree, I don't think Ronan Keating sings it anywhere near as well as westlife.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,560 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Scotty McCreery did a decent version

We'll agree to disagree, I don't think Ronan Keating sings it anywhere near as well as westlife.

I wasn't talking about Ronan Keating.
    Are you even a Garth Brooks fan?

The Dance is a Garth Brooks song.
    http://vimeo.com/m/60119381

It was a song on his debut album in 1989. The album was titled Garth Brooks.

Does anyone know who Garth Brooks is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Does anyone know who Garth Brooks is?[/QUOTE]

Is he the fella who lost his virginity to Katie price?

Is he the fella who lost his virginity to Katie price?[/quote]

No that was Ronan Keating

I know who he is, wasn't much impressed by his cover of "If tomorrow never comes", You'll never beat Ronan's original

I know who he is, wasn't much impressed by his cover of "If tomorrow never comes", You'll never beat Ronan's original

So you're trolling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Garth Brooks should never have tried to cover "If tomorrow Never Comes' . Ronans original is a timeless classic.

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    Garth Brooks should never have tried to cover "If tomorrow Never Comes' . Ronans original is a timeless classic.
    He's even covering Nathan carter!!! Good thing he's on first to show how callin' baton rouge should be sung.

So you're trolling

Someones get riled up very quickly..
    Joke mrs hard luck woman.. poor garth wont be offended..

• Advertisement

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Someones get riled up very quickly..
    Joke mrs hard luck woman.. poor garth wont be offended..

I hope he is offended, I might get a song out of it. "Mean man of boards"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement