Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

No support act on the Friday night cause we're getting some good news instead.

Press conference due on the Friday at Croke Park.

http://www.thestar.ie/star/garth-brooks-to-make-big-announcement-before-first-croker-show-49429/

Keep your knickers on people, im so excited !!!

4 more weeks.

You know it's gonna be held in the conference room and not on the pitch right?

It's just gonna be world tour dates, be interesting to see if he comes back this way on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

hynesie08 wrote: »
    You know it's gonna be held in the conference room and not on the pitch right?

It's just gonna be world tour dates, be interesting to see if he comes back this way on it.

He could announce it anywhere he wants. Its good enough for me to get all hyped up and on the day of the first concert.

And of course he'll be coming here again. Announce a world tour in Ireland, of course he's coming back. It wont be Croke Park, he said that in January already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

don't care where in ireland his concerts are for next year, i am sooo there :D

4 weeks to go. cannot wait!!!

He could announce it anywhere he wants. Its good enough for me to get all hyped up and on the day of the first concert.

And of course he'll be coming here again. Announce a world tour in Ireland, of course he's coming back. It wont be Croke Park, he said that in January already.

Where though? Only places capable of that kind of capacity are croke, punchestown or slane.

If he does come here, I can see it not being till 2016. He'd be smart to do a few European shows, then the u.s then back to Europe.

he could play down here in cork, we do have a stadium. :D just saying

• Advertisement

sunbabe08 wrote: »

Possible, do Dublin, cork, Galway and Belfast. 4/5 45000 cap. Stadiums.

He has Irish roots in Cork too. Your day will come.

He has Irish roots in Cork too. Your day will come.

Woot!!!! Cannot wait!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Yeeee, so excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Becki-Jay

Either that or Garth will do an extra long show or it could got the other way and we'd be on the road home by 10.

10 - oh god no ???? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

God that'd be great ;)

No support act on the Friday night cause we're getting some good news instead.

Press conference due on the Friday at Croke Park.

http://www.thestar.ie/star/garth-brooks-to-make-big-announcement-before-first-croker-show-49429/

Keep your knickers on people, im so excited !!!

4 more weeks.

Eeeeek !!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Jamsiek

Garth Crooks? He was a good footballer in his day :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Jamsiek wrote: »
    Garth Crooks? He was a good footballer in his day :-)

Yep and now commentates for the BBC. He also does interviews for the football league show. Nothing to do with what we're talking about here though ;)

People, were in the month of July!!!!!! Its the monthbof Garth brooks. 25, 25 more days to Garth brooks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People, were in the month of July!!!!!! Its the monthbof Garth brooks. 25, 25 more days to Garth brooks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sick with excitement - dreamt last night I went into labour at the concert - im not even pregnant !!!!!!!!!!

The decision re the planning is really drawing out.
    Keeping everyone on tinder hooks

The decision re the planning is really drawing out.
    Keeping everyone on tinder hooks

Ah they'll go ahead alright - Im not worrying about that

It was mentioned on facebook today that a decision is due by the Dublin City Council today, 2.30pm today. Dont know where they got their information from. No news yet.

Becki-Jay wrote: »
    Ah they'll go ahead alright - Im not worrying about that

Lots if people are very worried

• Advertisement

Lots if people are very worried

Are you worried yourself or have you a ticket to one of these concerts, from Canada and you're not a fan! Or did you come here to shoot someone down and put the fear into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

I'll actually be happy when these concerts are over so I can stop reading the sh!te on this thread. The hyperbole and scaremongering is of epic proportions

Ohhh I just got a call from my hotel asking to confirm am I still coming. Eeeeek my excitement level just went into hyper space

Are you worried yourself or have you a ticket to one of these concerts, from Canada and you're not a fan! Or did you come here to shoot someone down and put the fear into them.

No I'm not a Garth Brooks fan but I'm interested in how things are going in Ireland.
    I didn't say anything wrong here and I'm not shooting anyone down.
    I don't know why you're being so defensive. Relax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

No I'm not a Garth Brooks fan but I'm interested in how things are going in Ireland.
    I didn't say anything wrong here and I'm not shooting anyone down.
    I don't know why you're being so defensive. Relax

+1, you said nothing wrong.

Break out your ignore button, I had to or was gonna punch the screen cuz of the bullsh1t posts on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I don't know why you're being so defensive

Lol, you must be new around here so...

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

My wife really wanted to go to this concert, so in the blind demand panic (frenzy), we actually ended up with 7 tickets. Yes 7 f**king tickets.
    Now I see you can still get tickets from Ticket Master - so it was a great piece of MARKETING from them. (some part of me was actually hoping that the concert would not go ahead and they would have to give refunds)

But sure, we will make the best of the night and have a good time and I'm sure it will be a great event

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Bravobabe wrote: »
    My wife really wanted to go to this concert, so in the blind demand panic (frenzy), we actually ended up with 7 tickets. Yes 7 f**king tickets.
    Now I see you can still get tickets from Ticket Master - so it was a great piece of MARKETING from them. (some part of me was actually hoping that the concert would not go ahead and they would have to give refunds)

But sure, we will make the best of the night and have a good time and I'm sure it will be a great event

Sell the others, toutless is a great little site

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

could someone tell me what the big announcement was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

A V A wrote: »
    could someone tell me what the big announcement was

That'd be the 'secret' warm up gig at Vicar Street on the Wednesday before ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement