Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

scudzilla wrote: »
    That'd be the 'secret' warm up gig at Vicar Street on the Wednesday before ;)

Judging by the queue for wristbands it wasn't that secret. Got 2 though. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

That'd be the 'secret' warm up gig at Vicar Street on the Wednesday before ;)

are you trolling or what ?, serious question

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

A V A wrote: »
    are you trolling or what ?, serious question

Serious question back at ya, Do you really think Garth Brooks is going to turn up in Ireland and just play 5 of the biggest gigs of his career without a warm up, without an equipment check?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Serious question back at ya, Do you really think Garth Brooks is going to turn up in Ireland and just play 5 of the biggest gigs of his career without a warm up, without an equipment check?

Ohhhh, are you serious. Can you pm me more details, please.
    Shure, il chance it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Ohhhh, are you serious. Can you pm me more details, please.
    Shure, il chance it anyway.

Ah lads!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

not being smart but thats what rehearsals is for, and no offence, he's playing 5 of the biggest gigs of his career, you'd think major rehearsals are going down and that he is 'Tour Fit' etc not to play a gig in vicar street. vicar street compared to one gig in croke park, that does not balance out all to me

The independent is warming us up for bad news, expect two nights cancelled.

http://m.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/doubts-over-two-garth-brooks-gigs-in-croke-park-30403519.html

Decision is due later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

They say moving the stage from Croke Park to another stadium would be logistically impossible in such a short space of time. However, they could get 2 stages and set up both at around the same time, which is standard practice for bands touring stadiums but this isn't really a tour so it remains to be seen if they'd want to set up 2 stages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭That_Girl_ Is_ A_Cowboy

The independent is warming us up for bad news, expect two nights cancelled.

http://m.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/doubts-over-two-garth-brooks-gigs-in-croke-park-30403519.html

Decision is due later today.

It's very disheartening but it's no surprise.

JJ wrote: »
    They say moving the stage from Croke Park to another stadium would be logistically impossible in such a short space of time. However, they could get 2 stages and set up both at around the same time, which is standard practice for bands touring stadiums but this isn't really a tour so it remains to be seen if they'd want to set up 2 stages.

Croker has a capacity for 82,000 people. Aviva 50,000. Don't know about the RDS. They can't stick 82,000 into a 50,000 stadium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Any idea which nights?

Thats it JJ. And how do you fit 80000 into the Aviva? How do they pick and choose? And would they not need a licence for the Aviva and weeks of waiting. Not going to happen.

Ticketmaster in Limerick didn't open in time, they didn't get tickets after camping out. Garth Brooks made sure they would get tickets the second time round.

Reading his fan website, and people are coming from all over the world for this. One person is coming from Australia for all 5 shows !

8-10 wrote: »
    Any idea which nights?

I'm guessing the monday and tuesday.

8-10 wrote: »
    Any idea which nights?

Probably monday and tuesday. My guess.

I'm guessing the monday and tuesday.

Snap

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

JJ wrote: »

I believe that they would need a license to play in another stadium and that the license application would have to be placed at least 10 weeks before the gig. So moving the gigs elsewhere is not an option.

EDIT: Just noticed that Girl_Is_a_Cowboy has already said the same thing. I'm late to the game as usual. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

Thats it JJ. And how do you fit 80000 into the Aviva? How do they pick and choose? And would they not need a licence for the Aviva and weeks of waiting. Not going to happen.

Ticketmaster in Limerick didn't open in time, they didn't get tickets after camping out. Garth Brooks made sure they would get tickets the second time round.

Reading his fan website, and people are coming from all over the world for this. One person is coming from Australia for all 5 shows !
    No nights to get cancelled it's worth way to much for this country and would make us look like idiots

No nights to get cancelled it's worth way to much for this country and would make us look like idiots

The residents has got them all bent over a barrall. The council dont know what to do. They can grant a licence for three gigs but I reccon that they will still seek legal proceedings regardless. They want them all stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Residents should request no water meters for five years to allow the gigs go ahead. :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

getting slightly concerned now. i've kept quiet and i'm going no near the other thread. surely an announcement should be made soon, because the concert is in less than 4 weeks

• Advertisement

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    getting slightly concerned now. i've kept quiet and i'm going no near the other thread. surely an announcement should be made soon, because the concert is in less than 4 weeks

100,000 people coming from abroad! Read that in some paper.

Its a joke on us. We wont protest over increased taxes and charges, and then a couple of people trying to stop concerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    getting slightly concerned now. i've kept quiet.....
    Yeah right :D

Its 3 weeks tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah right :D

on the whole resident thing yes, the excitement about garth brooks nope, not one bit.

between this and waiting for the cao my anxiety level is rising today.

Toast wrote: »
    Residents should request no water meters for five years to allow the gigs go ahead. :-D

That's a very fair compromise. Come on Enda and Co.

If two nights get cancelled, ticket touts will be out again. Possibility of more fakes/cancelled tickets if they payed with card. $$$

• Registered Users Posts: 24,128 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

That's a very fair compromise. Come on Enda and Co.

Nothing to with Enda, or the Govt or anything else. This is to do with planning law and previous agreements, both of which have been flouted enough in this place. 5 nights was always the promoter and the GAA taking the pi55, was bound to end in tears, and people were warned from early on that it could.

I'll be interested to see what the grounds are for only granting 3 of the night's? Surely its as simple as if everything is above board and legal in the application you grant all 5, if not you grant 0. Hopefully it's the Monday and Tuesday that get pulled, seeing Garth is not worth sitting through Nathan carter.

@Independent_ie: #BREAKING: Permission granted for only THREE Garth Brook concerts at Croke Park. More to follow

• Advertisement

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Nothing to with Enda, or the Govt or anything else. This is to do with planning law and previous agreements, both of which have been flouted enough in this place. 5 nights was always the promoter and the GAA taking the pi55, was bound to end in tears, and people were warned from early on that it could.

It's in the Croke Park's planning application that they can hold three special events a year for example concerts. Anything more than three and they can apply for an event licence which they have done for the Garth Brooks concerts.

Its written in the plans for anyone to see.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement