Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    AHHHH come here now. i love garth brooks, but unless the man himself was at the ticket desk selling tickets, i wouldn't be queing up 3 or 4 days before hand.

It's maddness. Going by facebook page it looked like nighttime so probably queued last night. A fan here but fúck me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Bell1990 wrote: »
    It's true people have started to que already not sure where it is but there is a picture on this link
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151953768441849&set=a.455155836848.225587.317090301848&type=1&comment_id=10362262&offset=0&total_comments=260

They have to be taking the p!ss to wind people up.

Look at their car right beside them outside a shop. Sit outside, make it look like they're camping, take picture and have a good laugh with it being spread around and into papers, then leave again.

Probably taken last night after a night on the p!ss.

I thought it was madness, teenagers queueing for one direction the day before. But this is even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

It's maddness. Going by facebook page it looked like nighttime so probably queued last night. A fan here but fúck me.

even if i didn't have assignments due this week, would i que up in the cold.

Hope that shop worker is late on thursday, ha ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Hope that shop worker is late on thursday, ha ha ha.

:p they will riot. i saw the picture. smell rather fishy to me to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

It's true people have started to que already not sure where it is but there is a picture on this link
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151953768441849&set=a.455155836848.225587.317090301848&type=1&comment_id=10362262&offset=0&total_comments=260

Thats somewhere in the North, going by the radio station.

Looks like a joke. Look into their facebook pages. They have kids. Lets abondon the kids for a few days to get tickets.

Also someone commented under the picture and there's a queue in portloaise.

Nutters

dobsdave wrote: »
    Thats somewhere in the North, going by the radio station.

I googled the radio station and it looks like it's from Belfast. The picture looks dodgy as fúck especially in the image and on facebook they never gave the name of the shop.

Concert venues will warn no queuing before a certain time on the day of concerts. Can ticketmaster outlets not do the same for ticket sales? No queuing before a certain time.

If somebody was to get sick or injured or die sitting out like that, it will be everyone else's fault expect for their own and lawsuits will probably follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Skyebear07

What are you trying to do? Scare the rest of us from queueing?

Outlets being closed.

And now pictures on the facebook page.

There isn't any pictures of anyone queueing.

https://m.facebook.com/GarthBrooksIre?__user=100001588533431&soft=side-area#!/GarthBrooksIre?__user=0

Bloody hell people! Is this an information thread or not! As you have seen further down this feed yes there are people queuing already!! Forgive me for wanting to put out a bit of information! Even if it is to lament over as I am doing at the moment! You state there isn't any pictures of anyone queuing I say there is. I believe my point is proven further along this thread! Why do people have to be so petty! As for outlets being closed as you might see in an earlier comment I was told one thing, someone else was told another, and someone else was told something else again this morning. What I initially stated was two smaller TM outlets near us have both told us that they won't be selling tickets, one has changed there story twice so far. The other isn't answering the phone. Once I can definitely confirm what I've been told is fact then I will have no problem naming the second place. I was not scaremongering as you seem to think I was, I was trying to inform people that not all TMs may be selling (which is on other feeds also I might add). Oh and in relation to my attempt to scare people out of queuing that's crap,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 Bell1990

Looks like I'm going to be queuing a little earlier than I planned. Just off the phone to ticketmaster store and have told me there is only roughly 20 disabled tickets available per show. My brother in a motorised wheelchair and is garth brooks mad been waiting for this all his life

• Advertisement

The talk of queues starting has helped me make up my mind.

I'll stand no chance or a very little chance if I queue after 20 or so people.

Definately going online and hoping my phone network doesnt cut off on me. Ahhhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

agreed!! best chance is going online nice and early should have a good chance of getting tickets i do expect both nights to sell out and a third possibly a fourth added if needed he did say in one of his interviews if he sold five nights he'd do five now i doubt it would get to five but if it's just a one off chance to see him and that inculdes the whole world, he'll sell out 2-3 gigs. I see dublin hotels strapped on the rockets when this was announced got my room as soon as it was for a good price but looking at some prices going up 3 fold?! i get the making money out of it which is to be expected but 1000 euro for 2 nights is barmy!! out of interest has many people paid much over the odds for their room? 350 for 2 nights i got it for :-)

Toast wrote: »
    Croke Park capacity for matches is 82k. The stand behind the stage is unused when a gig is on though there is extra capacity on the pitch. For past gigs typically the number given is about 60k. If it's 2 nights it will be 120k but most seem to think it will be 3 so 180k or about 4.5% of the population of the country.

There is around 70k seats in croke park and you would fit nearly as many on the pitch as in the hill so there should be around 80k people at each night.

That's not to say there will be a pool of 160k tickets on general sale but should be around 140k.
    out of interest has many people paid much over the odds for their room? 350 for 2 nights i got it for :-)

Thankfully I've 2 or 3 places I can stay in Dublin with friends etc so all I need to worry about is tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭argentum

Looks like I'm going to be queuing a little earlier than I planned. Just off the phone to ticketmaster store and have told me there is only roughly 20 disabled tickets available per show. My brother in a motorised wheelchair and is garth brooks mad been waiting for this all his life

Did you ring the special ticketmaster number for wheelchair seats thats on their website and not just a ticketmaster agent.The O2 has more that 20 tickets for shows and thats a lot smaller than Croker.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

its scary to see people queing all ready what chance do people online have

3 tickets for the friday is all i want.

Will the third date go on sale straight away or will it take place at say 10am

whats the best browser to get tickets with ???

Do i need to update my Flash player, Java etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

PTH2009 wrote: »
    its scary to see people queing all ready what chance do people online have

3 tickets for the friday is all i want.

Will the third date go on sale straight away or will it take place at say 10am

Normally would be announced after the two dates have sold out and tickets would probably go on sale Monday morning, I would think!

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Normally would be announced after the two dates have sold out and tickets would probably go on sale Monday morning, I would think!

theres almost a certain chance the 2 gigs will sell out before 9.10 on thursday morning so it be handy to put the third date on sale straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

PTH2009 wrote: »
    theres almost a certain chance the 2 gigs will sell out before 9.10 on thursday morning so it be handy to put the third date on sale straight away

Never seen it happen before that they put the 3rd date on sale right away. Normally there is an announcement as to when the extra date will be and then when the tickets for this date will go on sale.

My sister told me that the crowd who started queuing in portlaoise on Saturday were moved alone. Fúcking delightful news. It's not fair on other fans who hope to queue putting too much pressure on them. Here's hoping other outlets will do the same at least until wednesday evening or night. I hope gardai are out in force moving on these obscructions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭pdstck

tickets for sale already on ticket royale ticket tout prices though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

pdstck wrote: »
    tickets for sale already on ticket royale ticket tout prices though

No, tickets aint on sale, they're selling something they've not even got yet, they'll take your money then source the tickets after

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Normally there is an announcement as to when the extra date will be and then when the tickets for this date will go on sale.

Not always though ...

In either 2006 or 2008 Aiken announced and immediately put on sale tickets for a 3rd Springsteen show about 9.30am on the original sale date.
    He could do it again..

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gnashman

ok just going to put this out there to see what people think,,,,,seatwave.ie are selling tickets for garth brooks NOW at double and triple the price, and they say its all seated(that would be **** for a garth brooks concert)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aisling2830

OMG please lol that is my and my friends outside GENE STUARTS music shop in Dungannon not Belfast lol and it's our choice to queue from early Sunday morning and NO we can't be moved on nor have we been asked to move coz we aren't doing anything wrong and the van was there with food drink and a mini portaloo for ur information

[MOD EDIT: Text removed. Please note poster that personal insults however slight, harmless or humorous are not the way to go on the forums. We stick to the rule of "Attack the post not the poster" and this leads to discussion rather then snapping at each other. It's a tried and tested rule that over the years has proved it's worth.

I googled the radio station and it looks like it's from Belfast. The picture looks dodgy as fúck especially in the image and on facebook they never gave the name of the shop.

Concert venues will warn no queuing before a certain time on the day of concerts. Can ticketmaster outlets not do the same for ticket sales? No queuing before a certain time.

If somebody was to get sick or injured or die sitting out like that, it will be everyone else's fault expect for their own and lawsuits will probably follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

gnashman wrote: »
    seatwave.ie are selling tickets and it says all seated concert???????????????????????????

Ticketmasters website there's an info section on his concert and it advises vertigo sufferers to buy tickets in the lower tiers or standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

Due To a very early hospital appointment on Thursday morning I will be unable to go to a Ticketmaster shop, But if there is anybody already queuing and would like to earn them self 50 euro For picking up some ticket for me, I will be very great full.

Ideally, Person Queuing will be in the longford / athlone / roscommon Ticketmaster outlet

Best regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭secman

Get on line, get on a queue, for definite there will be a third gig and demand will make it on Thursday morning. Best of luck, no interest in the gig myself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

And would you trust this? Please don't be offended by the way, this has been the most anticipated gig for almost two decades?

I definitely would trust him. A good mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

When does it appear on the ticketmaster app?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement