Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Ye almost gave me a heart attack. All 5. Christ almighty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Zardoz wrote: »
    Residents are planning on taking an injunction against the remaining 3 gigs it would seem.
    What a mess.

Link????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Ye almost gave me a heart attack. All 5. Christ almighty.

if the croke park residence have their way it's a possibility

Residents are planning on taking an injunction against the remaining 3 gigs it would seem.
    What a mess.

Ah christ almighty. The council met them half way. What do they want. One of the first posts I wrote this morning before any real news. You cant keep them happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    if the croke park residence have their way it's a possibility

they've no reason or any basis for which to force this injunction. The agreement was followed. the 3 gigs have been given,

and baring Garth throwing a hissy fit over him not being allowed play all 5, the gigs will go ahead.

There is a possibility he could ask to be paid for all 5, aiken would refuse and he pulls from all of them.. He says he loves Ireland, but in reality he loves money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

This is ridiculous - how long are these residents living around Croke Park? They only seem to be kicking up a fuss now - in fairness, a few days in the year.

Nobody complains down here with the thumping coming from the Marquee every night! :D

Mr.S wrote: »
    Sounds very Daily Mail.

Independent

http://m.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/exclusive-fears-grow-that-all-five-garth-brooks-gigs-will-be-cancelled-30404148.html

It was updated at 12.39pm. Is that the most recent news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

miju wrote: »
    And the stupid townies continue to do damage, ****ing gob****es the lot of them looks like all five are going to be cancelled now.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/exclusive-fears-grow-that-all-five-garth-brooks-gigs-will-be-cancelled-30404148.html

Irony being most of the residents I saw on tv last week weren't from Dublin. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Ah christ almighty. The council met them half way. What do they want. One of the first posts I wrote this morning before any real news. You cant keep them happy.
    All 5 gigs cancelled. Have they ever said differently?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭deeks

bennyl10 wrote: »
    they've no reason or any basis for which to force this injunction. The agreement was followed. the 3 gigs have been given,

and baring Garth throwing a hissy fit over him not being allowed play all 5, the gigs will go ahead.

There is a possibility he could ask to be paid for all 5, aiken would refuse and he pulls from all of them.. He says he loves Ireland, but in reality he loves money!

The three gigs as per the agreement would be the three One Direction gigs as I understand it - therefore any of the Garth Brooks concerts still breaches the original agreement.

• Advertisement

deeks wrote: »
    The three gigs as per the agreement would be the three One Direction gigs as I understand it - therefore any of the Garth Brooks concerts still breaches the original agreement.

the agreement simply said that after 3 gigs Aiken needed to seek planning permission for any further gigs, they've done this and 3 have been granted..

This has been said hundreds of times in both threads..

AIKEN DID NOT BREAK THE 'AGREEMENT' IT WAS FOLLOWED TO A TEE

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Block 301 row HH

This is right beside the stage. Anyone have experience of sitting that close? Is there such a thing as too close, IE restricted view?

You have 8 minutes 13 seconds to answer me... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Is the stage going to be on Hill 16 or on the pitch for the gig ?
    Looking at Ticketmaster if its on the pitch they are selling alot of tickets with restricted views.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    the agreement simply said that after 3 gigs Aiken needed to seek planning permission for any further gigs, they've done this and 3 have been granted..

This has been said hundreds of times in both threads..

AIKEN DID NOT BREAK THE 'AGREEMENT' IT WAS FOLLOWED TO A TEE

Thats the planning permission. After the 4th gig in 09 an agreement was apparently reached. 2 seperate things.
    tv3,rte and that independent link all reference the 09 agreement, not the 93 planning permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Had tickets for Monday, but jumped on ticketmaster as soon as I heard and got 2 for Sunday night instead. Better tickets than I had originally no less.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

ciaran75 wrote: »
    will ticketmaster refund their booking fee also?
    PropJoe10 wrote: »
    I wouldnt think so. Ticketmaster are the absolute scum of the earth. I cant see them refunding anything more than they absolutely have to.
    I have always gotten every penny back from TM from numerous cancelled gigs over the years.

-they are still absolute scum of the earth though!

Looking at Ticketmaster if its on the pitch they are selling alot of tickets with restricted views.

The stage is being built on the residents houses. This is to accommodate a further 160,000 people.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Block 301 row HH

This is right beside the stage. Anyone have experience of sitting that close? Is there such a thing as too close, IE restricted view?

You have 8 minutes 13 seconds to answer me... :eek:

4 minutes 50 people!

I have Sunday tickets, but they're in the back arse of the far opposite stand and in the rafters.

Is this a worthwhile upgrade?

stay be on the pitch backing onto the hill..
    same as this http://blog.itagged.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Screen-Shot-2014-05-26-at-15.11.27.png

The stage is being built on the residents houses. This is to accommodate a further 160,000 people.

there's that venom coming through, Let it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭8-10

4 minutes 50 people!

I have Sunday tickets, but they're in the back arse of the far opposite stand and in the rafters.

Is this a worthwhile upgrade?

Just got 2 standing myself a few mins ago for Sunday, can't get better than that unless you prefer sitting at gigs for some reason

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Thats the planning permission. After the 4th gig in 09 an agreement was apparently reached. 2 seperate things.
    tv3,rte and that independent link all reference the 09 agreement, not the 93 planning permission.

The areement was that the planning board's decision would remain in place.

8-10 wrote: »
    Just got 2 standing myself a few mins ago for Sunday, can't get better than that unless you prefer sitting at gigs for some reason

I do.

I'm lazy and dislike people!

The areement was that the planning board's decision would remain in place.

link?

hynesie08 wrote: »
    link?

Last weeks independent provided over in after hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Amanda7326

why have ticket master put the price of the sunday tickets up to €80... has anyone else noticed this?!?!?!!?

Last weeks independent provided over in after hours.

today's independent

Irate local residents had launched a major campaign because a written agreement in 2009 outlined that no more than three concerts were to be held at the stadium each year. - See more at: http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/exclusive-fears-grow-that-all-five-garth-brooks-gigs-will-be-cancelled-30404148.html#sthash.GjDlD35v.dpuf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

rubadub wrote: »
    I have always gotten every penny back from TM from numerous cancelled gigs over the years.

-they are still absolute scum of the earth though!

Had these shows been cancelled by the artist though? Would it be different here since the artist is not at fault? The tickets were sold subject to license, and the license was not awarded...?

Amanda7326 wrote: »
    why have ticket master put the price of the sunday tickets up to €80... has anyone else noticed this?!?!?!!?

Not all, those are "premium level" tickets. No idea what that means.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Not all, those are "premium level" tickets. No idea what that means.

Premium level are tickets on level 5.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement