Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Amanda7326 wrote: »
    why have ticket master put the price of the sunday tickets up to €80... has anyone else noticed this?!?!?!!?

Are they premium level? They were always €80.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Amanda7326

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Not all, those are "premium level" tickets. No idea what that means.

ah ok i see.... thanks....thought i was getting ripped off for a sec!

im afraid to book for sunday in case they do end up going ahead....dont know what to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

I'm one of the lucky ones (at the moment) but this is completely ridiculous.
    I understand the residents not wanting disruption. But this should have been sorted months n months ago.

All eyes are on Ireland. Garth Brooks chose US for his comeback gigs, not in the USA, London or any other big city in the world!!! and now we turn around and say no you can't have them all here in Ireland even though we already told you you could, three weeks before they were due to take place!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

garth brooks will have an Irish accent by the time hes finished here

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

leahyl wrote: »
    This is ridiculous - how long are these residents living around Croke Park? They only seem to be kicking up a fuss now

Next U2 gig in doubt after Croke Park protests

Nothing new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Block 301 row HH

This is right beside the stage. Anyone have experience of sitting that close? Is there such a thing as too close, IE restricted view?

You have 8 minutes 13 seconds to answer me... :eek:

Well youz were no bloody help!

Bought them anyway, there's a girl in work who had Monday tickets and is likely screwed so my spare set can go to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Isnt it amazing that Sunday night tickets are still on sale despite Aiken saying it had sold out months ago.
    Same old trick all the time .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Bought them anyway, there's a girl in work who had Monday tickets and is likely screwed so my spare set can go to her.

awwww that's so sweet :D

this whole thing has turned into a farce, obviously getting press attention all around the world :(

Seat run from 1 to 28 in that section so if its a high seat number you should have a good view .
    I'd much rather be there than at the other end of the stadium .
    I have bough tickets like that in the past and they have been great seats .

rubadub wrote: »

i'm getting the impression they don't like croke park period

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

Irishshin wrote: »
    I'm one of the lucky ones (at the moment) but this is completely ridiculous.
    I understand the residents not wanting disruption. But this should have been sorted months n months ago.

All eyes are on Ireland. Garth Brooks chose US for his comeback gigs, not in the USA, London or any other big city in the world!!! and now we turn around and say no you can't have them all here in Ireland even though we already told you you could, three weeks before they were due to take place!!!!

To be fair, DCC have been the ones to not grant the licence, and they never "told [him] [he] could." Aiken may have done, but they are different entities and while the loss of revenue to Dublin is regrettable, it would also be regrettable to just have a promoter able to boss around local authorities. If Aiken signed a contract that allows Brooks to pull out of all gigs when the majority were still granted, more fool them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Zardoz wrote: »
    Isnt it amazing that Sunday night tickets are still on sale despite Aiken saying it had sold out months ago.
    Same old trick all the time .

No really, they always release more tickets closer to the date - when they know the size of the stage and performance area etc....they can then release tickets like Section 301 which they might have previously though would have no view now due to where the stage is has a view!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Flem31

At last....some sanity has prevailed......if all five had been improved, would the Grab All Association be looking for 10-12 concerts next year as the new precedent (or base line) would be 8 a year.

If future concerts were popular enough....they could have them as a pay per view on Sky.
    Now there's an idea

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    awwww that's so sweet :D

Nothing sweet about it. I'l be charging her 4 times face value. :cool:

I'm joking btw...
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Punchestown would have been ideal for these gigs - I'm presuming the largest share of people going are from the midlands.

No really, they always release more tickets closer to the date - when they know the size of the stage and performance area etc....they can then release tickets like Section 301 which they might have previously though would have no view now due to where the stage is has a view!

Yes I know they do this ,its common practice.
    But there are tickets in other areas of the ground that are available too that always were available ,just not put on public sale.
    Its a marketing ploy to increase hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I'm joking btw...

I hope you're joking. You'll get at least €500 quid a pop on ebay.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Slane Castle
    As per Lord Henry's interview on Newstalk this afternoon, there will be no concerts held at Slane this year.

I'm joking btw...

score plenty of brownie points ;)

Zardoz wrote: »
    Seat run from 1 to 28 in that section so if its a high seat number you should have a good view .
    I'd much rather be there than at the other end of the stadium .
    I have bough tickets like that in the past and they have been great seats .

I'm in row HH, seats 26 & 27. I just wondered if the view would suck because you're basically side on to the stage.

My old seats were Upper Davin, 722M so miles off.

• Advertisement

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I hope you're joking. You'll get at least €500 quid a pop on ebay.

Just had a nosy on ebay, doesn't seem to be much demand.

I'd say a lot of people will be screwed over by the touts not giving refunds, although if it was sold on ebay then paypal will still protect them I would think.

grrr at all the people being so mean about how some people are upset over this... seriously that's something i wouldn't do, whether i liked the music taste or not i would be laughing i would offer comfort :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Amanda7326

just got 2 tickets for sunday Section MID526 Row J Seats 8-9 premium

anyone know if these are good?

i dont care once i get to see my idol,,,,, but just wondering

I'm in row HH, seats 26 & 27. I just wondered if the view would suck because you're basically side on to the stage.

My old seats were Upper Davin, 722M so miles off.

They should be grand.

Liveline should be interesting today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Irish Hotels Federation: Garth Brooks situation 'was avoidable'
    The Irish Hotels Federation (IHF) has released a statement this afternoon stating that the cancellation of two of the Garth Brooks concerts later this month would have an "extremely negative impact" on Ireland’s image abroad as a tourist destination, disrupting the travel plans of many tens of thousands of visitors who would now be left disappointed.

IHF President Stephen McNally says that the cancellation would deal a blow to tourism businesses: “The Garth Brooks concerts are a major tourism event this year and hotels have seen enormous interest both at home and from overseas visitors, particularly from the UK and rest of Europe. Many of these visitors will have planned to extend their visit and travel outside of Dublin during their stay, so the impact will also be felt further afield across the country.”

Mr McNally adds: “This situation was avoidable and will damage Ireland’s tourism brand – something tourism businesses and bodies invest significant resources to promote in overseas markets.”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I hope that a lesson learned from this is don't buy from Touts!

I hope that a lesson learned from this is don't buy from Touts!

And if you do, use ebay. If a gig is cancelled, I believe that you can claim back via paypal and will get a refund.

Donedeal etc though, you're screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

It was completely avoidable. Garth Brooks could have played any amount of shows in the country, across three or four different outdoor venues like Bruce Springsteen did last year. A pity the greed of The GAA, Aiken, and Brooks got in the way. Whilst I'm glad the residents didn't let themselves get steamrolled, I feel sorry for the fans that were duped by this. I was the same boat when tickets for that Prince concert were sold before he had even agreed to play here. Not a nice feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,559 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

seachto7 wrote: »
    Could they move the two cancelled gigs to a one off in Slane?

3 nights in Aviva is the current talk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    3 nights in Aviva is the current talk

Not a chance

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement