Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Amanda7326

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    3 nights in Aviva is the current talk

Do you think if there are 3 nights in aviva that you will have the option to get a refund or go to new venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭bren2001

Amanda7326 wrote: »
    Do you think if there are 3 nights in aviva that you will have the option to get a refund or go to new venue?

If the gigs are moved to a new venue you will be given the option of refund or new ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

They have no licence for the Aviva and it takes around 10 weeks to get..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

wacotaco wrote: »
    They have no licence for the Aviva and it takes around 10 weeks to get..

Has to be applied for 10 weeks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Usually when there's a change in date or any major change to the gig, TM will give you the option of a refund or allow you to keep your ticket for the event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭stooge

tickets still being sold on ticketmaster website for Monday and Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Has to be applied for 10 weeks in advance.

Unless Peter Aiken was thinking ahead and applied for it as a Plan B!.. the Aviva is a no go

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

They are hypocrites .
    What about the damage they do by jacking up their prices to exorbitant levels any time a big concert is on .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

stooge wrote: »
    tickets still being sold on ticketmaster website for Monday and Tuesday.

That's typical of ticketmaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Amanda7326

JJ wrote: »
    Usually when there's a change in date or any major change to the gig, TM will give you the option of a refund or allow you to keep your ticket for the event.

Do you know if you could get a partial refund normally? We had 5 in our group but ive just got 2 tickets for sunday night... not sure if i would be able to get a refund for 2 and the other 3 people in group go to new venue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Do you know if you could get a partial refund normally? We had 5 in our group but ive just got 2 tickets for sunday night... not sure if i would be able to get a refund for 2 and the other 3 people in group go to new venue

I seriously doubt there will be a new venue

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

wacotaco wrote: »
    Unless Peter Aiken was thinking ahead and applied for it as a Plan B!.. the Aviva is a no go

Mcd have the rights to the aviva, so unless they've applied, and it'd have to be published anyway.

Delighted for the GAA, there greedy and think they can ride everyone. They should have consulted with the residents first.

Now the ticket buyers have to suffer because of there mistake.

Nice to see the 'Little Guy' win for once.

Joe Duffy is wetting his lips for tomorrows show :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Delighted for the GAA, there greedy and think they can ride everyone. They should have consulted with the residents first.

troll :P

• Subscribers Posts: 41,614 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

todays show is funny enough already..... :P

sydthebeat wrote: »
    todays show is funny enough already..... :P

Aww ****e, he's talking about it now! Is there an after show podcast?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Surely in this case, the "little guy" would be the 160,000 innocent punters who booked the tickets for a gig that is cancelled, for reasons which are 100% beyond their control.

Definitely not a case of nice to see the little guy win for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,559 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I feel sorry for anyone who got tickets for the cancelled shows

Aiken should not have sold tickets for the shows if all paperwork permission etc., wasn't signed off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Aww ****e, he's talking about it now! Is there an after show podcast?

Limerick County board offering for the gigs to
    be held it the Gaelic Grounds..

http://www.limerickleader.ie/what-s-on/arts-entertainment/music/garth-brooks-concerts-for-limerick-1-6157711

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Just had a chat with some 1 from the indo

• Advertisement

i think hotels should be good enough to release any non refundable hotel bookings... theres still 4 weeks away

Surely in this case, the "little guy" would be the 160,000 innocent punters who booked the tickets for a gig that is cancelled, for reasons which are 100% beyond their control.

Definitely not a case of nice to see the little guy win for once.

Your missing the point. You should be blaming the GAA. The said 'F-you' to the residents and thought they wouldn't bother fighting it.

Again see my first sentence, they didn't consult with the residents they just went ahead and said that 5 shows could be held. They were greedy and now the people who have to return tickets are suffering.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

Have a chance to buy two tickets for sunday night now instead of the monday night which i will get a refund on but cant contact the person i want to buy them for to see if they can go ..

do you think if I bought two Id shift them on easy enough?

Your missing the point. You should be blaming the GAA. The said 'F-you' to the residents and thought they wouldn't bother fighting it.

Again see my first sentence, they didn't consult with the residents they just went ahead and said that 5 shows could be held. They were greedy and now the people who have to return tickets are suffering.

they did consult with 27,000 residents according to the JD show...

they just ignored the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

i think hotels should be good enough to release any non refundable hotel bookings... theres still 4 weeks away

Why? They'll have spent money on food, staff, cleaning etc as they were expecting 5 full/busy nights. Why should they be out of pocket for something that's not their fault?

I'm pissed off. I've 2 Tuesday tickets that are now useless, but (apart from the usual price hike!) the hotels are blameless here. It's just unfortunate for those who've booked. That's why you pay for a refundable rate.

they did consult with 27,000 residents according to the JD show...

they just ignored the result.

Even worse so...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I hope that a lesson learned from this is don't buy from Touts!

I would hope that the lesson learnt is actually on the side of the promoters in having all your planning requirements signed off before selling tickets.

(But that's unlikely to happen)

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Why? They'll have spent money on food, staff, cleaning etc as they were expecting 5 full/busy nights. Why should they be out of pocket for something that's not their fault?

I'm pissed off. I've 2 Tuesday tickets that are now useless, but (apart from the usual price hike!) the hotels are blameless here. It's just unfortunate for those who've booked. That's why you pay for a refundable rate.

bullcrap

no hotel orders on food 4 weeks in advance...
    no hotel organizes temporary staff 4 weeks in advance.

they will still get their 3 busy nights...

holding onto these bookings simply smacks of greed.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Limerick County board offering for the gigs to
    be held it the Gaelic Grounds..

http://www.limerickleader.ie/what-s-on/arts-entertainment/music/garth-brooks-concerts-for-limerick-1-6157711

55k in limerick I think 3 nights there will make up u tge sorry fall for the Monday and Tues I hope croke park never get a concert again whingers I swear then take the 120k a year off the residents that's they loss

• Advertisement

the county manager cites "anti social behavior" as one of the reasons for refusal

laughable!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement