Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

When does it appear on the ticketmaster app?

Usually 12-24 hours before sale. In some cases, less than 4 hours before sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Apparently queue in dundalk.

Panic queue and nothing but.

Its almost like the end of the world.

I was going to queue myself, maybe tomorrow night but fcuk that ****, there's probably someone there already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/garth-brooks-hints-at-more-tour-dates-for-ireland-29953186.html

This was in the paper yesterday. Hinting at more Irish dates and one for Belfast but nothing confirmed or announced yet.

I reckon they will definately add the third date to croke, possibly even thursday morning for 9.30 or 10.

I reckon there might be more Irish dates too. The stadium in kilkenny is due an announcement in early feb. I reckon it's going to be Garth Brooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

List in star of tivketmaster outlets selling tickets Thursday.. Both in Galway are selling

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Cbeamy

and the queues have started in Kilkenny as well..

• Advertisement

Hopefully with all these queues, they'd be less people online, giving the rest of us a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Skyebear07 wrote: »
    I don't have the option of buying online
    What is the issue? there are probably other ways to pay if you have no regular credit card.

I think the idea of long term queuing is mad, how much value do people put on their free time?

They have Garth Brooks ads on TV, I always wonder why they bother to advertise the likes of U2 aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

gnashman wrote: »
    ok just going to put this out there to see what people think,,,,,seatwave.ie are selling tickets for garth brooks NOW at double and triple the price, and they say its all seated(that would be **** for a garth brooks concert)

Ticketmaster have confirmed on Twitter that the pitch will be STANDING as per normal Croke Park layout.

Also confirmed that the event will be visible on the App soon!

rubadub wrote: »
    What is the issue? there are probably other ways to pay if you have no regular credit card.

I think the idea of long term queuing is mad, how much value do people put on their free time?

They have Garth Brooks ads on TV, I always wonder why they bother to advertise the likes of U2 aswell.

Going by her previous posts she's probably buying for an entire village of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Can't believe there is people queuing already, did they take a week off work or what?? Going online and hoping for the best

• Advertisement

For anyone in Galway, the Ballinasloe shop is open at 8 am. From Stronges website.

So they may let people queue inside the shop for an hour.

Now its a fair game.

People coming on here saying its closed !!

Can't believe there is people queuing already, did they take a week off work or what?? Going online and hoping for the best

I can't figure that out myself. Surely people have family and work responsibilities and commitments. How people managed to get days off work with a weeks notice is beyond me. If for example a large group queued, it could possibly be done on a rota system, taking it in turns queuing. In the downtown radio facebook image you see 3 people queuing, I read under the comments that there's 18 people as part of that group, so person number 4 alongs and thinks great, 'i'm number 4 in the queue', they are in fact number 19.

That early queuing is putting pressure on others to queue early.

My sister was considering queuing wednesday and dragging me after work but it was looking like a big fat headache. She's thankfully changed her mind and hoping for the best online.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/garth-brooks-hints-at-more-tour-dates-for-ireland-29953186.html

This was in the paper yesterday. Hinting at more Irish dates and one for Belfast but nothing confirmed or announced yet.

I reckon they will definately add the third date to croke, possibly even thursday morning for 9.30 or 10.

I reckon there might be more Irish dates too. The stadium in kilkenny is due an announcement in early feb. I reckon it's going to be Garth Brooks.

The Kilkenny gig must be starting to look doubtful at this stage - he was rumoured to be going to do an Ireland tour like Bruce Springsteen last Summer but if he is potentially going to do another Croke Park gig which would be 200k plus tickets its hard to see a market for touring around some smaller venues like Nowlan Park with circa 25k capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Apparently queue in dundalk.

Panic queue and nothing but.

Its almost like the end of the world.

I was going to queue myself, maybe tomorrow night but fcuk that ****, there's probably someone there already.
    Passed them this morning. There's five of them. They're in great form. They look bloody freezing though.

Fortyjocks wrote: »
    The Kilkenny gig must be starting to look doubtful at this stage - he was rumoured to be going to do an Ireland tour like Bruce Springsteen last Summer but if he is potentially going to do another Croke Park gig which would be 200k plus tickets its hard to see a market for touring around some smaller venues like Nowlan Park with circa 25k capacity.

That was rumoured alrighted. Maybe they are going to do an Irish leg with his world tour and planning on doing similiar to Bruce then. What you wrote makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Pighead wrote: »
    Passed them this morning. There's five of them. They're in great form. They look bloody freezing though.

The Brooks flu of 2014 will be talked about for years to come.

To whoever is saying that people queuing puts pressure on other people to do it.... Just because other people are doing it does not somehow make it a legitimate plan of action. They don't know something you don't they are LESS informed than you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Don't know about the rest of them but I value my annual leave from work way to much to be sitting outside on the street waiting in the pissing rain for thursday morning. It's a strange world we live in!

rubadub wrote: »

There are a lot of people who probably like the songs but without actually getting a bit of a medley of the best bits they might not make the association and go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Fortyjocks wrote: »
    Once it was announced that Croke Park would have a gig i think there was no chance of an around-Ireland tour. The only reason Springsteen did it is because he could hardly play yet another set of dates in the RDS so mixing it up a bit would make it more profitable and less familiar. Next time he comes back i would imagine it will be back to a few dates in Dublin and nothing else.

When Brooks announces the proper world tour he might have a few dates around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

Can somebody tell me how ticketmaster outlets work, are they pre printed allocations or working off the same online system that 95% of the people buying tickets will be using at 9am Thursday morning?

So if I was say 5th in the queue and I don't get to the till until about 9.15 all the tickets could be sold out so what's the point in queuing in the lashing rain for 2nights?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Just wondering do I have to pick which night when I'm trying to get the tickets? Have never bought tickets on ticketmaster before..

Just wondering do I have to pick which night when I'm trying to get the tickets? Have never bought tickets on ticketmaster before..

Yes pick your date and you can also pick if you want to sit or stand and what stands you want to sit in Hogan stand etc but if you aren't fussed if you sit or stand select best available and you'll have a better chance of getting tickets.

Duvetdays wrote: »
    Yes pick your date and you can also pick if you want to sit or stand and what stands you want to sit in Hogan stand etc but if you aren't fussed if you sit or stand select best available and you'll have a better chance of getting tickets.

Perfect. And then you enter all your details? I think I'll try get standing if I can.. Must try and decide which night to pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Toast wrote: »
    There are a lot of people who probably like the songs but without actually getting a bit of a medley of the best bits they might not make the association and go.
    My point is that U2 will sell out here no matter what, if doing the usual 2 or 3 gigs, its a sure thing, paddy power probably wouldn't even give odds on it!

So why waste money on tv ads.

Perhaps they are not so certain of Garth Brooks selling out as many here are.

Can somebody tell me how ticketmaster outlets work, are they pre printed allocations or working off the same online system that 95% of the people buying tickets will be using at 9am Thursday morning?

The front end is different and the cashier in TM outlets can choose specific seats when available upon request while the online system only allows you just choose rough areas but the tickets come out of the same pool.
    So if I was say 5th in the queue and I don't get to the till until about 9.15 all the tickets could be sold out so what's the point in queuing in the lashing rain for 2nights?

Bingo!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Maybe this should be merged with the Garth Brooks thread seeing as folk are talking about the very same thing.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Hooray! At least the message is getting through to someone around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Ok, I'm gonna chance getting tickets online - would like to get them. I'm preparing for the worst....but hoping for the best!

Perfect. And then you enter all your details? I think I'll try get standing if I can.. Must try and decide which night to pick.

Make you you set up a ticketmaster account in advance including entering cc details makes it quicker on the day. Before they go on sale be logged in and ready to hit the refresh button at 9am don't keep hitting it. Also have your cc to hand as it'll probaly ask you for the CCV on the back of the card.

I think concerts can be more craic standing. When I was at Bruce in RDS a few year back we were standing but I remember looking up to the stands and there was this couple that had aisle seats and there was a constant flow of people from their row that where back and fourth from their seats probaly to toilets, beer tent etc & that would p!ss me right off!

• Advertisement

Make you you set up a ticketmaster account in advance including entering cc details makes it quicker on the day. Before they go on sale be logged in and ready to hit the refresh button at 9am don't keep hitting it. Also have your cc to hand as it'll probaly ask you for the CCV on the back of the card.

I think concerts can be more craic standing. When I was at Bruce in RDS a few year back we were standing but I remember looking up to the stands and there was this couple that had aisle seats and there was a constant flow of people from their row that where back and fourth from their seats probaly to toilets, beer tent etc & that would p!ss me right off!

Oh I must do that actually. Thanks a million :)

Ya I was at a concert before Christmas and ended up swapping my seating tickets for standing at the last minute. Best decision I ever made.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement