Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Right, so now I know a little more about how they planned the event but absolutely nothing about whether it'll go ahead. Nice one Aiken.

Tbh... If I'm so so on a concert in the future I'll remember that it was Aiken and not MCD who created this cluster****.

Sad thing is, aiken are usually head and shoulders above mcd when it comes to putting on gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Aiken Promotions Press Release

where did that statement come from? Noting on Aiken website or any news sites

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

where did that statement come from? Noting on Aiken website or any news sites

http://www.dublinconcerts.ie/37912-aiken-promotions-statement-on-garth-brooks-concerts-at-croke-park/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Can people stop using the chilidish 'they shouldn't have bought houses beside a stadium then' stuff. They did know that, they also had an agreement with the GAA on a certain number of events to take place. Not only was this bypassed by them, it was going to be bypassed by 150% of what was agreed upon. Only so much you can push your luck and get away with it before it come back and bites you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Maybe a stupid question but

Does anyone know, do you have to give your tickets back when getting a refund.

They're pretty much useless and well I am the crazy fan here and would like to keep them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Corholio wrote: »
    Can people stop using the chilidish 'they shouldn't have bought houses beside a stadium then' stuff. They did know that, they also had an agreement with the GAA on a certain number of events to take place. Not only was this bypassed by them, it was going to be bypassed by 150% of what was agreed upon. Only so much you can push your luck and get away with it before it come back and bites you.
    well to be fair, the "agreement" doesn't really mean anything.

it's an An Bord Pleanala decision for there to be 3 special events per year. the GAA and any "agreement" with the residents is basically just some courtesy which isn't legally binding.

http://www.thejournal.ie/garth-brooks-licence-2-1554110-Jul2014/

How fast can they get going on this?
    They can appeal the DCC decision.

Oh please god

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoCal MusicLover

Maybe a stupid question but

Does anyone know, do you have to give your tickets back when getting a refund.

They're pretty much useless and well I am the crazy fan here and would like to keep them.

If you bought the tickets online or by phone via credit card, then you would automatically get a refund, but if you bought at an outlet, you might probably have to return them to place of purchase to receive the refund, which would mean giving back tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Oh please god

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Garth-Brooks-for-Ireland-Concert/613731408639640?fref=nf

Just in case you fancy a chat with a reporter HardLuckWoman :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

If you bought the tickets online or by phone via credit card, then you would automatically get a refund, but if you bought at an outlet, you might probably have to return them to place of purchase to receive the refund, which would mean giving back tickets.

What if you bought the tickets on donedeal? Hard copies

• Advertisement

Oh please god

Well, it's a bill. So it has to be voted into law. Then if that happens they have to appeal the DCC decision.

What grounds do they have to appeal on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Oh please god
    First, I seriously doubt that it'll happen, stinks of a PR move by FF.
    Second, even if it did and it went to an appeal, it's still unlikely to get approval due to objections.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

I've signed the Change.org petition 'Allow All 5 Garth Brooks concerts to go ahead'. Someone in the UK shared it on my FB page - embarrassing reading comments on the petition from people who've booked flights and accommodation.

I've signed the Change.org petition 'Allow All 5 Garth Brooks concerts to go ahead'. Someone in the UK shared it on my FB page - embarrassing reading comments on the petition from people who've booked flights and accommodation.

I'd be embarrassed to if I blew a couple of grand on something that didn't have a license.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Steven71

That would be me, flights and hotel all booked.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Well, it's a bill. So it has to be voted into law. Then if that happens they have to appeal the DCC decision.

What grounds do they have to appeal on?

Appeals could be made on economic and tourism grounds.

Maybe they can get it voted into law by monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I'd be embarrassed to if I blew a couple of grand on something that didn't have a license.

So anyone coming from.abroad to electric picnic youre embarassed for too then?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Jesus.....please read this......
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/government_in_ireland/national_government/houses_of_the_oireachtas/legislation.html

bennyl10 wrote: »
    So anyone coming from.abroad to electric picnic youre embarassed for too then?

Yep, if they don't have the common sense to book travel insurance and refundable hotel rooms. Do I feel bad for them, yes. But your only missing a concert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

From the petition (that means nothing):
    This is crucial for the economy. It is estimated the 5 gigs will bring in €50million. Tourists are flying in from all over Europe and America. Hotels are filled. Shops, Restaurants will benefit hugely. 400,000 people have purchased tickets. The spotlight will be on us for hosting a once in a lifetime never to be repeated performance. If we snub it, we are the laughing stock. Our tourism will suffer. Please consider the big picture and do the right thing by allowing all 5 gigs to go ahead!
    Pretty embarrassing statement all right.
    Crucial for the economy......... dear god.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I think this is more to be sure it doesnt happen again..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Apologies to anyone who i offended with my "Parasites" remark. it was aimed at the people who drink them selves into the ground and cause havok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

KFM reporting that punchestown in discussions with KCC to take all 5 concerts.

KCC are very interested

Us Kildare people could save the day and DCC and the opposing residents could stick it

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Steven71

Yep, if they don't have the common sense to book travel insurance and refundable hotel rooms. Do I feel bad for them, yes. But your only missing a concert.

Yes it's only a concert very true. But I doubt travel insurance would cover for a concert cancellation. Not sure though. I do have refundable hotel rooms, it would just be the flight....but flying from the UK it's only £80. Not even worth the excess. If these get cancelled, I'll still be coming over. Always wanted to visit Dublin, just will be missing GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

From the independent:

The statement, which was issued just before 4pm, was issued by the promoters “in order to clarify recent reports”.

Aiken said they followed all procedures, stating “it is standard practise in Ireland to inform the licencing authority, then to announce an event and then to put the tickets on sale in advance of a detailed licence application begin submitted”.

The promoters said an application for a license for the event must be submitted ten weeks prior to the event.

In this case, the application was submitted to the council 14 weeks before the concerts were scheduled to begin.

Aiken said they provided all the information required in the licensing application including statistics on the stadium layout, the impact on the local environment, sanitation, stewarding and traffic management.

Does sound like a lot to sort out and DCC were aware of the concerts since January so...
    DCC due to make a statement shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 38,394 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Mr_Red wrote: »

KCC are very interested

Us Kildare people could save the day and DCC and the opposing residents could stick it

wont happen

Steven71 wrote: »
    Yes it's only a concert very true. But I doubt travel insurance would cover for a concert cancellation. Not sure though. I do have refundable hotel rooms, it would just be the flight....but flying from the UK it's only £80. Not even worth the excess. If these get cancelled, I'll still be coming over. Always wanted to visit Dublin, just will be missing GB.

And I feel sorry for you, I truly do, and I wish I had a couple of spares to help out people like yourself. But at the end of the day I'm assuming anyone flying in from further afield would have researched this kind of thing. And if they knew that these gigs were subject to license there was a chance, however slim of them being cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

Mr_Red wrote: »

KCC are very interested

I doubt they'd have time to do that, they need 10 weeks notice and have to put it out for 5 weeks for any objections before deciding.. anyhow most ppl who got tickets for seats will want seats i know my pregnant G/F & i won't be heading to punchestown for any gig and more expense to get there if you were to end up going there

Only missing a concert.

And look what happened to michael jackson. Due to make a comeback. Never happened.

Dont know what the future holds. Some people may never get to see him.

It has been 17 years. I never saw him. 3 weeks away and its all taken away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Only missing a concert.

And look what happened to michael jackson. Due to make a comeback. Never happened.

Dont know what the future holds. Some people may never get to see him.

It has been 17 years. I never saw him. 3 weeks away and its all taken away.

Sounds like a country song.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement