Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

mikom wrote: »
    On top of 3 nights for "One Direction" plus the clatter of GAA matches.

The 3 nights of One Direction is over. Its in the past.

Just (maybe) 5 more. All over in august.

salmocab wrote: »
    Its not only five nights though its eight this year and sure next year it will be ten nights of the Beatles comeback it has to stop somewhere.

And nothing last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Were you ever in bed with a fella and he whispered in your ear......."Ah, please, just the tip, I promise".

I'd say a few of the residents around the area were getting that feeling and foresaw what happens next.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,360 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

this makes no sense at all its the amount of hassle these people have to put up with, you can't discount the past and its not all over in september the same will happen next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Were you ever in bed with a fella and he whispered in your ear......."Ah, please, just the tip, I promise".

Soooo many jokes that'd get me banned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

On top of 3 nights for "One Direction" plus the clatter of GAA matches.

That's still only 8 nights. So what?

It's the best and biggest stadium the the country, the 3 gig a year agreement is ridiculous and if anything, that's what should be reviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

nm wrote: »

It's the best and biggest stadium the the country, the 3 gig a year agreement is ridiculous and if anything, that's what should be reviewed.

^^^^^

THIS
    Its 8 nights, in a stadium used will we say,about 15 times max a year? If residents in places like thomond can take a match every second week for most of the year and a concert, surely so can they..

God forbid they'd a match every second week..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

bennyl10 wrote: »
    ^^^^^

THIS
    Its 8 nights, in a stadium used will we say,about 15 times max a year? If residents in places like thomond can take a match every second week for most of the year and a concert, surely so can they..

Have you even bothered to do any reading/research into this?
    Can you show where the residents of Thomand didn't object to 5 concerts that were to occur in a row?

If you feel that the agreement is ridiculous, fair enough.
    But why can't you then criticize those that tried to force through another 5 before ever changing it?

^^^^^

THIS

Think you will find Croker has more games a year than Thomond by far Munster have 14 home games and usually one or two are moved to Cork they might have one or two more if they get home quarters etc there might be a handful of other games but they wouldn't attract much by the way of crowds, Croker has Dublin league matches club finals plus a whole host of championship matches all summer long often on saturdays and sundays

• Advertisement

You'd swear there was going to be stabbings like the phoenix park.

Christ.

^^^^^

THIS

Subject to God licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

If you feel that the agreement is ridiculous, fair enough.
    But why can't you then criticize those that tried to force through another 5 before ever changing it?

I can, and I said the process should be changed going forward. But absolutely no way should those gigs be cancelled and all those people affected.

Christ.

just brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Christ.
    There won't be anything if Garth gets his way.

Christ.

"What next father? There'll be drive-by shootin's and it'll be like boys in the hood. And there'll be prositutes on street corners, and the pimps will be using crack to keep the hoors under control."

Christ.
    Says the poster who reckons the World is going to collapse due two gigs not been given a licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭homerjk

^^^^^

Its 8 nights, in a stadium used will we say,about 15 times max a year? .........

Do you even realise how far you are out with this number?

http://www.crokepark.ie/getmedia/1b76b181-002b-4578-be3c-25d92914871d/2014-Croke-Park-fixture-list.pdf

salmocab wrote: »
    Think you will find Croker has more games a year than Thomond by far Munster have 14 home games and usually one or two are moved to Cork they might have one or two more if they get home quarters etc there might be a handful of other games but they wouldn't attract much by the way of crowds, Croker has Dublin league matches club finals plus a whole host of championship matches all summer long often on saturdays and sundays

Plus all of limerick fcs home games, which are nearly every srcond werk, plus senior and junior cup finals.. if youre gonna be pedantic about it.

Theyd actually not be much in it and seeing as croker is the main national stadium youd imagine it should handle a couple more events..

I get the 5 in a row was a push,.but the ones saying theyre.going try and get the 3 licences that wree granted cancelled if they went ahead..

You live bedide a major stadium.. distruption.is going to occur, 3 nights isnt that bad considering.

I can, and I said the process should be changed going forward. But absolutely no way should those gigs be cancelled and all those people affected.
    Well DCC took all submissions into consideration (yes, including the people who live there who also should have a voice/say) and gave permission for 3 nights.

The people are affected due to the promoter and Croker promising something they couldn't guarantee, and likely knew they wouldn't get.
    They are the instigators in all of this, and had full knowledge of the issues, which they never informed their customers about.

• Advertisement

homerjk wrote: »

A.large amount of those wont get more than a couple of thousand if even,, would hardly be called distruption.
    Even then its the national stadium, 6 concerts a summer isnt exactly awful

Plus all of limerick fcs home games, which are nearly every srcond werk, plus senior and junior cup finals.. if youre gonna be pedantic about it.
    Can we keep this about the concerts, because that's what's causing the issue.
    Theyd actually not be much in it and seeing as croker is the main national stadium youd imagine it should handle a couple more events..
    Croker is not the national stadium, it's a privately owned property.
    I get the 5 in a row was a push,.but the ones saying theyre.going try and get the 3 licences that wree granted cancelled if they went ahead..
    The 5 in a row was more than a bit of a push.
    This was already after the 3 in a row for the 1D concerts.
    You live bedide a major stadium.. distruption.is going to occur, 3 nights isnt that bad considering.
    They do live beside a major staium, and they have no objection to it being used for it intended purpose, also with the agreed 3 concerts per year.
    To plough ahead with 5 extra concerts, without first coming to an agreement, has resulted in the problems for fans.

A.large amount of those wont get more than a couple of thousand if even,, would hardly be called distruption.

Limerick fc must get some crowds

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭homerjk

Come on now...

I can count 38 events on that list. A large amount wouldn't get more than a few thousand? Please enlighten me as to which events there would only get 2,000 to 3,000 people. I'm doing well to get 4/5.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Joe Duffy..

Jaysus, HardLuckWoman take a breather for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rockthistown

I used to live beside the SFX venue, and it was a nightmare with all these drunken idiots throwing their empty cans and bottles into our garden. My neighbour Sarah had it worse, because she had a wall, and people would use her garden as a toilet, so I understand where the Croke Park residents are coming from. Much more people to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

I'd say a few of the residents around the area were getting that feeling and foresaw what happens next.

Jebus I hadn't heard that for years!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    Jebus I hadn't heard that for years!

Haven't heard it whispered in your ear?!?!ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Haven't heard it whispered in your ear?!?!ðŸ˜

Stop you'll be giving me nightmares!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Yet again, keep it on topic. If it continues with no actual talk or discussion the thread may be locked until after it is decided what's happening with the gig.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement